National News Boris Johnson - Ousted Former PM

In context the whole speech is right, but you are correct that the rest of it has been incinerated by a poor paragraph that was taken as a "flaming torch" by the more liberal shouty sorts.

He incinerated his good points himself by putting such a moronic claim in. Purely down to him, nobody else.

It would have helped even if the claim fitted the speech theme but it is just a very random and erroneous claim when he could have pursued obvious examples of disadvantage for working class young white males in the North East.

He incinerated his good points himself by putting such a moronic claim in. Purely down to him, nobody else.

It would have helped even if the claim fitted the speech theme but it is just a very random and erroneous claim when he could have pursued obvious examples of disadvantage for working class young white males in the North East.
Typical Old Etonian talking about something he talks about but doesn't really understand.

Apologies to the "opposition"............. 💙💙😊
Low turnout, reduced majority but still a win despite everything else.

Labour were never going to win that seat, it is as true blue as you can get so the Tories were always going to win. It is the proverbial put a blue rosette on a Pig and it'll win the seat.

Still such a large drop in majority is a real warning from the area to Johnson and his Govt; and will be getting plenty of Tory MPs twitching about their seats with Johnson running the show. Adds more pressure and as Johnson/Govt will no doubt continue to show incompetency and disdain for rules/agreements then more MPs' letters will start to go in for him to go as Tory leader.

Labour were never going to win that seat, it is as true blue as you can get so the Tories were always going to win. It is the proverbial put a blue rosette on a Pig and it'll win the seat.

Still such a large drop in majority is a real warning from the area to Johnson and his Govt; and will be getting plenty of Tory MPs twitching about their seats with Johnson running the show. Adds more pressure and as Johnson/Govt will no doubt continue to show incompetency and disdain for rules/agreements then more MPs' letters will start to go in for him to go as Tory leader.
I think the drop in majority is as much to do with voter apathy than anything else, heard that there was a turnout in the 30% range, whereas at the GE it was in the 70% range. If the opposition can't rally the voters off their sofas with the background we have now, you have to question how well they are doing themselves.

Would Boris Johnson really want a long run as PM? It doesn’t seem to be a role job he is thrilled to have, the winning of it and an election was more te aim than actually being PM, I reckon once (in his eyes) Covid and Brexit have settled down a bit in a year he will find a reason to quit and get back to making serious money just for being Boris Johnson.

I think the drop in majority is as much to do with voter apathy than anything else, heard that there was a turnout in the 30% range, whereas at the GE it was in the 70% range. If the opposition can't rally the voters off their sofas with the background we have now, you have to question how well they are doing themselves.

As said Labour were never going to win this seat, it has always been Tory and will remain so however bad they are doing.

Saw some news reports on the area and the Tory voters being interviewed were clear they weren't voting as a warning shot to Johnson and this Govt but would never vote Labour.

Being a by-election there will be a drop in turnout, 34% (iirc) under most circumstances. But the level of drop will have plenty of Tory MPs squirming which is the threat to Johnson and his Govt.

A very low turnout.

Just the mundane mid-term thing according to stats geeks.
FFqnfAmXMAYag5j

I sincerely hope that's the dullest thing I read today.
Well I can point you to the website I've been reading regarding using regular expressions in pattern matching if you really want to up the dullness levels. It's thrilling stuff...

Well I can point you to the website I've been reading regarding using regular expressions in pattern matching if you really want to up the dullness levels. It's thrilling stuff...

I'm okay thanks, appreciate the offer though.

the Tory voters being interviewed were clear they weren't voting as a warning shot to Johnson and this Govt
Warning them that they would vote tory again at the next general election presumably....

Last edited:
Warning them that would vote tory again at the next general election presumably....

More Johnson & co sort themselves out or the Tory Party needs a new leader/PM. If they don't then I suspect plenty of those that didn't vote, wouldn't vote in a GE (based purely on the reports I saw before this by-election). That said the Tories will still win the seat comfortably.

Responded to above which covers this point. That is still an embarrassing drop for the Johnson/Govt however it is dressed up.
Maybe but the true figure wouldn’t be known unless they had a similar turnout to the election

Maybe but the true figure wouldn’t be known unless they had a similar turnout to the election

I'm going on the reports where Tory voters were saying they were not going to vote Tory because of Johnson and the Govt. Some of the drop will undoubtedly be down to it being a by-election.

Back
Top Bottom