National News Boris Johnson - Ousted Former PM

Here’s why the Tories are bringing this in- to drive away Labour voters. No wonder all the Tories on here think it’s a great idea.
Johnson’s so unpopular he can’t go out in public. He was elected by less than a hundred thousand people. The only way they can win is by cheating- like the Republicans in the USA

He was elected by the Conservative Party members, that`s how it works. Same as how the Labour Party, the Lib Dems and almost all political parties elect their leaders. Too hard to comprehend?

And as I linked earlier from the electoral commission, the stats show there are a few incidents but they are statistically utterly insignificant.

As the Electoral Commission report shows in 2017:

1 conviction and 8 police cautions

Of the other 289 cases, 207 no further action and 82 that were locally resolved.

Of the total cases, 165 were involved with the campaign side rather than the individual voter which the ID card is aimed at.

This is against millions of votes cast.

Also, as pointed out in the Independent report linked previously, the Academic from the East of England University that studies this area backs up that it is statistically insignificant.

This is a policy that is using an industrial crusher to smash a non-existent nut.

It also seems that the Electoral Commission rather like having ID checks...... with little or no detriment to the voter....

Anyway................
ID Cards... ✅
Voting checks.... ✅

Clock still ticking....... EU folk seem to be "softening" a little.............. we`ll see when their noses are up against the wall. ?

It is nice to see that for someone who wants a No Deal, Johnson and Govt are putting in an awful lot of effort to get a deal for Parliament to vote on. Would someone "under the thumb of hedge funds" be so focused on a deal that would presumably lose him money?

It is nice to see that for someone who wants a No Deal, Johnson and Govt are putting in an awful lot of effort to get a deal for Parliament to vote on. Would someone "under the thumb of hedge funds" be so focused on a deal that would presumably lose him money?

The process eats the time................... bounce it around Parliament, they reject or accept..... he`ll "win" either way...............

I can feel safe in saying he won`t be writing a strongly worded letter.....

Or be dead in a ditch............

The process eats the time................... bounce it around Parliament, they reject or accept..... he`ll "win" either way...............

I can feel safe in saying he won`t be writing a strongly worded letter.....

Or be dead in a ditch............
Exactly, but what about the hedge funds? :p

It has been nice to see the UK and EU finally get down to some serious detail on a deal and find a way out of the current bind. And hopefully get on with a UK domestic agenda at long last!

Johnson is not interested in having a principled or consistent position on anything. He just wants to be in power and will say or do virtually anything to hang on now he's got there.

I wonder how many times he will say "Vote for this deal" in the next few hours..................................... ?

If true, this is Johnson in full Brat tantrum mode.

I hope the opposition refuse as the meltdown will be epic and it means he won't be doing anything. It won't look good for him either apart from for those at the more extreme end of the Brexiteer scale I reckon. And if he doesn't follow through then he just looks weak anyway. Could be a spectacular own goal.

Also, the country has coped pretty well over these last few years anyway with the Govts focused on Brexit so no problem.

• React
Reactions: Ian
Also said:
“Coping” is not good enough.
Look around, we are approaching “failed state” status.
We have not delivered any improvements in infrastructure for years. Whether it be roads,transport, education, health, housing policies etc-all are failing the citizens of the UK.
Our streets are paved with one man tents for the homeless.
The EU is not responsible for any of the above.
Our country needs a radical change , the 5 year focus is an abysmal failure.

• React
Reactions: Ian
So our Prime Minister yet again reacts to potentially not getting what he wants, when he wants it by threatening to go limp on the floor and refuse to move when he’s supposed to be in charge of the United Kingdom, which is a serious job at the best of times, but particularly now.

If you support this man you are stupid.

Back
Top Bottom