National News Boris Johnson - Ousted Former PM

Boris screwed up by not shutting the country down 2 weeks earlier in all the lockdown occasions, and when I say shut down I mean Australia/New Zealand style but remeber if it was Labour in power it would have been Corbyn would you have been happy with his response. I doubt any of our politicians would have come out of this pandemonium s squeaky clean as all would have made mistakes.

Johnson has screwed up in many respects including many non-Covid issues. You have no clue what another Govt would have done, it is all speculation on your part, nothing else.

Last edited:
Thought it maybe of interest. 🤷‍♀️

That aside you can send your fan number privately. :)
I meant why do you want me to nominate you, what makes you suitable...and don;t you only need two nominees?...in which case, are you sure you can't find two whose position is more aligned to yours?

Anyway....you're hijacking (yet another) thread ;)

I meant why do you want me to nominate you, what makes you suitable...and don;t you only need two nominees?...in which case, are you sure you can't find two whose position is more aligned to yours?

Anyway....you're hijacking (yet another) thread ;)

Going for diversity, understanding of others ...... and accountability. :)

However, I think it is very likely my application will be filtered out PDQ. 🤷‍♀️

Vaccines - including lots be sent around the globe.
The Economy.
Employment
The future - more optimism than pessimism.

Albeit with the caveat of inflation etc.
I mean on covid.so one country has 10 thousand less deaths than we do,is that then success?whatever government is in charge of any country people died.

I mean on covid.so one country has 10 thousand less deaths than we do,is that then success?whatever government is in charge of any country people died.

Just shy of 5 million folk are known to have died with Covid globally - then factor in hundreds of thousands of unknown cases.
Going on total deaths Italy & France aren`t a million miles behind us.

This crowded isle is a perfect place for a virus to rip through the population for many reasons, most of which aren`t easily fixed.

There were certainly mistakes but, in the face of a storm, things will happen.
The primary one being un-tested folk being discharged to care homes, mostly to make space in hospitals.
We didn`t have the testing capacity and what we did have was being used to test very poorly inpatients.

What’s doing well then?

Off the the top of my head, their furlough programme was a good policy imo as was the £20 uplift in Universal Benefit (whether to get rid now is another discussion). As said by EY, the early adoption of the Vaccines and supporting the development of them.

Off the the top of my head, their furlough programme was a good policy imo as was the £20 uplift in Universal Benefit (whether to get rid now is another discussion). As said by EY, the early adoption of the Vaccines and supporting the development of them.
.... and help for self employed, 5 times .....but apart from that, what have the romans government done for us ? ;)

No one is competent in government. Yes there have been screw ups over covid I’m sure everyone is aware also I’m sure nearly everyone knows similar mistakes would have been made by whoever was in power over covid.
This Government isn’t just your usual incompetents shown in many governments from time to time.
This particular government is just a big bucket of useless turds, hand picked for their lack of knowledge to force though a disastrous Brexit bill.
They should have all been cleared out January 2020 once they got their grubby little job done. Not left to steer us though the worst pandemic in 100 years!!

So what's this joint announcement between the UK, US and Australia? 2200 tonight all 3 PM's talking.

This Government isn’t just your usual incompetents shown in many governments from time to time.
This particular government is just a big bucket of useless turds, hand picked for their lack of knowledge to force though a disastrous Brexit bill.
They should have all been cleared out January 2020 once they got their grubby little job done. Not left to steer us though the worst pandemic in 100 years!!
The problem is they won a huge majority at the last election so not everyone thinks like you do.

Back
Top Bottom