National News Boris Johnson - Ousted Former PM

People seem surprisingly chippy about building new hospitals! In Perth they knocked down the Childrens' Hospital and built a new one on the main Hospital site. It was definitely a new hospital, even if it is now next to another major hospital.

It feels a bit like people saying if we build at Stratfield Brake it wouldn't be a new stadium because there's already sports facilities there :)
I think when people hear 'new' what they expect is an addition to the existing services rather than an upgrade/replacement of those already there. And that of course is what they were supposed to think!

Replacing everything that already existed with new facilities.

It's not that hard to understand really. To everyone but Tories it seems, this is still the same hospital with better facilities.

If the Tories had told the truth and said they were improving facilities, rather than go for the bullshit "We're building brand new hospitals" line, they might not have such a huge credibility crisis as they currently do :)

It's like their claim about 20,000 extra Police officers.

They aren't extra, they are new! (to replace the 21,000 the Tories got rid of in the first place).

Why do they have such problems with getting language right and simply telling the truth, I wonder?

Anyway, popcorn sales booming again as everyone waits for details of Blowjo's latest dishonest antics;)

tumblr_ov8zwsLuw81sngfjuo1_400.gif
Live footage of a Conservative trying to disappear up it's own A*****e :ROFLMAO:

But the Hospital did exist before and the service existed before. Otherwise when I put a new tyre on my car, it makes it a brand new car.

Yes, but we built a new hospital to put it in. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Its all part of ridiculously large (and slooow!) project that got the green light in 2019..... as the corporate blurb at the time said:

We were allocated £450m by the Government to realise the major programme of investment.
  • A new Maternity Hospital at the Leicester Royal Infirmary
  • A dedicated Children’s Hospital at the Leicester Royal Infirmary
  • A planned care Treatment Centre at Glenfield Hospital
  • Two ‘super’ intensive care units with 100 intensive care beds, almost double the current number
  • Modernised wards, theatres and imaging facilities
  • Additional car parking
This will be alongside a smaller community campus at the Leicester General Hospital which will keep some non-acute services on site. The proposed services include:
  • Diabetes centre of excellence
  • Imaging facilities including scans and x-rays
  • Stroke recovery services with inpatient beds (in the Evington Centre)
  • Community

Is that one, two or three "new" hospitals or just a big spend on additional buildings and refurbs? 🤷‍♀️

If you need to enhance your hospital facilities, does it really matter if it's "new" or not - more people getting better treatment in improved conditions is the surely the goal here.

If you need to enhance your hospital facilities, does it really matter if it's "new" or not - more people getting better treatment in improved conditions is the surely the goal here.
If you bought what you thought was a brand new car but actually it was second hand one with new tyres a new engine and gearbox, re sprayed with a new leather interior, with redone wheels and looked fantastic. You’d be happy?

Of course not because that’s not what you bought.

If I voted for this government on the basis of new hospitals that’s what I would expect my vote to buy, not a second hand one with new seats.

Its all part of ridiculously large (and slooow!) project that got the green light in 2019..... as the corporate blurb at the time said:

We were allocated £450m by the Government to realise the major programme of investment.
  • Two ‘super’ intensive care units with 100 intensive care beds, almost double the current number
  • Additional car parking
This will be alongside a smaller community campus at the Leicester General Hospital which will keep some non-acute services on site. The proposed services include:
  • Community

Is that one, two or three "new" hospitals or just a big spend on additional buildings and refurbs? 🤷‍♀️

We've already established this, it is additional buildings and refurbs. ;)

• Additional car parking
  • Community

The thing is their stupidity is diverting away from some decent investment by their insistence on calling them "new hospitals". They have created doubt in the whole program and just added to the lack of trust that is already there. It was the same with "partygate" - if they had owned it straight off no-one would be talking about it now, stupidly lying and denying it all has just drawn it all out. One could think they are just "dead catting" - but they are not distracting from anything very well (unless they are being ultra-successful with something not found yet).

The thing is their stupidity is diverting away from some decent investment by their insistence on calling them "new hospitals". They have created doubt in the whole program and just added to the lack of trust that is already there. It was the same with "partygate" - if they had owned it straight off no-one would be talking about it now, stupidly lying and denying it all has just drawn it all out. One could think they are just "dead catting" - but they are not distracting from anything very well (unless they are being ultra-successful with something not found yet).
This.

If they had said we’re going to invest x billions in a brilliant project to upgrade old hospitals and deliver some new ones, what they’ve delivered would be fine.

I think the problem is that they can’t help but lie about everything even when they don’t need to.

If you bought what you thought was a brand new car but actually it was second hand one with new tyres a new engine and gearbox, re sprayed with a new leather interior, with redone wheels and looked fantastic. You’d be happy?

Of course not because that’s not what you bought.

If I voted for this government on the basis of new hospitals that’s what I would expect my vote to buy, not a second hand one with new seats.

But your "new" car has probably been sitting in a yard for months after it came off the production line, or shipped in from a far-off assembly plant, and loses 30% of its value as soon as it leaves the forecourt.

Is the definition of "new" as it leaves the line or when the financial transaction takes place?

Same bucket, different contents. 🤷‍♀️ :)

But your "new" car has probably been sitting in a yard for months after it came off the production line, or shipped in from a far-off assembly plant, and loses 30% of its value as soon as it leaves the forecourt.

Is the definition of "new" as it leaves the line or when the financial transaction takes place?

And todays award for the most obtuse comment goes to...... :rolleyes:

Absolutely not

A new car is when it’s registered for the first time.
Part of the process is having a car manufactured abroad and prepped for sale as new, when it arrives here. It’s the point that you bought new not reconditioned.

Not the same as rebuilding a second hand car.

This certainly isn’t the same bucket of s**t served up by this government

I don't think anyone would disagree with that - any improvement is undoubtedly a good thing.

The discussion is whether or not the government is trying to inflate and exaggerate what they are doing, which maybe all governments do to a certain degree - but the case of this administration to a ridiculous and dishonest level.

I agree with previous comments that simply announcing honestly what they are doing would probably have raised few eyebrows. But this government seems to believe (and they may even be correct) that there are enough people who have nailed their colours to the Tory mast *whatever* they say and do, that it doesn't matter because if they say black is white enough times there are some who are prepared - and indeed eager - to believe them!

Last edited:
I don't think anyone would disagree with that - any improvement is undoubtedly a good thing.

The discussion is whether or not the government is trying to inflate and exaggerate what they are doing, which maybe all governments do to a certain degree - but the case of this administration to a ridiculous and dishonest level.

I agree with previous comments that simply announcing honestly what they are doing would probably have raised few eyebrows. But this government seems to believe (and they may even be correct) that there are enough people who have nailed their colours to the Tory mast *whatever* they say and do, that it doesn't matter because if they say black is white enough times there are some who are prepared - and indeed eager - to believe them!
Quite

But the vote-for-a-dead-sheep-with-a-blue-rosette Tories like @Essexyellows would be equally tickled pink if they just announced "improvements" - in fact they would probably be happy if the Tories announced they were about to cut front line services, as long as it was someone from the "right team" saying it (after all they must be, seeing as that is precisely what the Tories have done to public services for the last 12 years).

The fact that Blowjo's Tory party are following the Joseph Goebbels approach to propaganda is as ridiculous as it is chilling. But we all know leopards don't change their spots and Boris has been lying bigly his entire life...and now he has infected the whole Tory machine it would seem.

Disaster at EY Towers. :oops: :oops:

The barsteward duel fuel deal has expired, and our monthly direct debit has dramatically increased.

Does anyone want to take a guess at the percentage increase?

Back
Top Bottom