Boreham Wood 1-0 Chesterfield

It just shows how things change. What year was it when they had a shiny newish stadium and were really flying? I remember going up there on a Tuesday night and we came away with a pretty unexpected win. 2010 or so? They were promoted easily IIRC,
I suppose it points up that you have to enjoy the good(ish) times while you've got them, because you don't know what's around the corner.

It just shows how things change. What year was it when they had a shiny newish stadium and were really flying? I remember going up there on a Tuesday night and we came away with a pretty unexpected win. 2010 or so? They were promoted easily IIRC,
I suppose it points up that you have to enjoy the good(ish) times while you've got them, because you don't know what's around the corner.

That’s was the Steve MacLean standing on the ball game, no?

TBH I really can't remember if it was or not! I barely remember what happened last season (thank the Lord!) never mind which game was which seven or eight years ago...

As I recall the noose was getting tighter around Wilder's neck when we went up there. Was certainly a surprising result.

Ah brings back memories of Histon, Droylsden, Lewes etc.
Also not far back we got walloped 3-0 or 4-0 at Chesterfield, after Wilder left, Mad dog Mickey Lewis was running the team whilst we were trying to appoint a manager (Well waiting for Ashton, Eales to take the reins). Think Mullins got sent off, whatever it was a disaster.

They won League Two at a canter in 2010-11. That was the season that they had Jack Lester & Craig Davies up front, and the two of them bagged over forty league goals between them.

I believe that is actually six consecutive National League losses for them after winning their first three games. The last four of which have been 1-0!

After knowing what can happen, I don't think I will ever moan about a midtable League One finish ever again......

It sadly highlights how all clubs are financially gambling not just with promotion but even just keeping your head above water. It makes me laugh in a sad way when fans moan about tigers or Eales not digging into their pockets to push Oxford on whilst forgetting how close we have come to oblivion because of financial mismanagement.

Back
Top Bottom