German Football Booked for walking ball into goal

I haven't seen anyone do this since kickabouts at school 😂 seriously though, what the hell was the booking for? International level shithousery.

Unsporting behaviour?

Love the way he legs it in off the goal line. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

I haven't seen anyone do this since kickabouts at school 😂 seriously though, what the hell was the booking for? International level shithousery.

I suspect it would be for the coming together with the opposition player which we don't see much of. I haven't a clue if the defender got booked.

Unsporting behaviour?

Love the way he legs it in off the goal line. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Turns out Selke, who was involved in the altercation pulled one back for Bremen, and SW was booked for unsportsmanlike conduct. Excessive in my humble as he was checking the ref hadn`t called a foul on the keeper. :)

Nothing wrong with the attacker's actions, what was he meant to do sprint with no-one near him? The defender's reaction was pathetic.

Maybe time wasting. Although that doesn’t seem to get penalised in the middle of the field

This gives a bit of a clear indication of what happened afterwards, and the answer is not a lot. I could probably understand if the yellow card was for over-celebrating or taunting, but there didn't appear to be any evidence of that. Just some Bremen player giving it Billy Big B*****s.

There's nothing wrong with what he did. Walking the ball into the net is no different to players taking the ball to the corner flag, or goal-keepers letting the ball rest at their feet before picking it up to waste a few seconds.

This gives a bit of a clear indication of what happened afterwards, and the answer is not a lot. I could probably understand if the yellow card was for over-celebrating or taunting, but there didn't appear to be any evidence of that. Just some Bremen player giving it Billy Big B*****s.

There's nothing wrong with what he did. Walking the ball into the net is no different to players taking the ball to the corner flag, or goal-keepers letting the ball rest at their feet before picking it up to waste a few seconds.

You're right. That is an awful decision by the Ref and the caution should be cancelled by the Bundesliga/FA. Otherwise any nutmeg etc will have to be booked as it will have embarrassed an opponent.

Notice the keeper doesn't react at all, just the one defender. He was the one who should have been booked.

The incident is more brilliant each time I see it 😂

Can't rescind a yellow, unfortunately.

Rummenigge did it better anyway (and also got a yellow card)...

I'd agree normally but I'm sure the Bundesliga/FA could find a way if they wanted to rescind the caution.

Rummenigge's was definitely better.

can you imagine the reaction if a Swind*n player had done that against us with a full house???

can you imagine the reaction if a Swind*n player had done that against us with a full house???
Scums Don Rogers did something similar at The Manor, in front of the London road end, I can't, atm, Remember who our keeper was in that game ( Im sure someone who was also at that game can? ).... Rogers ran full tilt from way outside our penalty area and shoulder charged/ bundled our keeper, who was holding the ball, over the goal line, into the net.

Goal awarded

You're right. That is an awful decision by the Ref and the caution should be cancelled by the Bundesliga/FA. Otherwise any nutmeg etc will have to be booked as it will have embarrassed an opponent.

Can only assume it was unsportsmanslike behaviour*

*or whatever the proper name is

Scums Don Rogers did something similar at The Manor, in front of the London road end, I can't, atm, Remember who our keeper was in that game ( Im sure someone who was also at that game can? ).... Rogers ran full tilt from way outside our penalty area and shoulder charged/ bundled our keeper, who was holding the ball, over the goal line, into the net.

Goal awarded
I have to admit I have forgotten that,probably erased it from the memory bank! Will never forget Davy Sloans diving header though.

Back
Top Bottom