Bolton’s Problems Continue

The EFL could end up in a right s***storm. I would not want to be their legal team if Wycombe manage to avoid relegation by 3 points at the end of the season and they win tomorrow.

The disciplinary meeting over their missed games last season/this season and any possible points deduction was today. I'm guessing we might hear something tomorrow.

Even with the following and how leniently thery were treated in comparison to Macclesfield (ie. Bolton or Bury never got charged as Macc did), I bet they get off relatively lightly:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50423155

The disciplinary meeting over their missed games last season/this season and any possible points deduction was today. I'm guessing we might hear something tomorrow.
Sun journo reckons it could be six plus three, so total nine point further reduction for Bolton, to be announced next week.
Considering not fulfilling a fixture was supposed to be one of the worst crimes a football club can commit, that sounds unbelievably lenient to me.

Sun journo reckons it could be six plus three, so total nine point further reduction for Bolton, to be announced next week.
Considering not fulfilling a fixture was supposed to be one of the worst crimes a football club can commit, that sounds unbelievably lenient to me.

Although at this point, it likely wouldn't really matter if it was 9 or 90 or 900.

A 9 point deduction would put them 24 points from safety. They're not coming back from that with their current squad.

Although at this point, it likely wouldn't really matter if it was 9 or 90 or 900.

A 9 point deduction would put them 24 points from safety. They're not coming back from that with their current squad.

At least they could start preparing for next season early.

The EFL could end up in a right s***storm. I would not want to be their legal team if Wycombe manage to avoid relegation by 3 points at the end of the season and they win tomorrow.
Not much chance of that given Wycombe's form!

• Haha
Reactions: Ian

their current points total shouldn't be taken into account - the penalty is a penalty, and being lenient now sets a precedent for future teams.

I’ve read in today’s Mirror that Doncaster are asking for the points instead of having to replay Bolton, now if that was to happen them the EFL would be taking the P**s

A Bolton win today just keeps them going in the fight against relegation.
I reckon, this season 45 points might just be the survival threshold, if so they need 44 points from 30 games.
Bolton, at home, last day of season could be very, very interesting.

Utterly laughable. So Macclesfield should expect absolutely no action even though they have been charged with failing to pay their players.

Further if we have an further injury crisis just call off any games unilaterally until the players are back as clearly there is no real punishment if this happens.

A total joke especially if at the end of the season and Doncaster are 7th and Rotherham are 6th and Doncaster’s game with Bolton is say a 1-0 win and there is only a1 goal difference in their position and Rotherham having smacked 5 or 6 ( can’t remember )but their win was against the kids where as Doncaster’s was a team of senior players, could Doncaster have a case on the court of Arbitration?

Utterly laughable. So Macclesfield should expect absolutely no action even though they have been charged with failing to pay their players.

Further if we have an further injury crisis just call off any games unilaterally until the players are back as clearly there is no real punishment if this happens.

Agreed.

I could just about squint and understand their reasoning for letting Blackpool off last season. But there's no justification for this.

Bolton refused to play one of their fixtures, and unilaterally postponed it. And they're receiving nothing more than a suspended punishment for that. Absolutely no reason that other clubs in the midst of an injury crisis shouldn't do the same.

Of course we all know why this is happening - they don't want one of their biggest, historically successful clubs playing in League Two next year. And another points deduction would have condemned them (they're still going to have to play their socks off to escape). So they just decide not to implement their rules...…..

It’s pretty much up in the air if you will get a points deduction if you decide to call a game off now then, the Football League just became the Morrells Sunday league. I look forward an away game at Doncaster being called off because it’s Gillingham right backs stag weekend and half the squad are away.

I hope Doncaster refuse to play any reschedualed game vs Bolton as technically they will just receive a 3 point suspended sentence.

I also hope no team goes up or down due to points/goal difference that was down to early games vs Bolton.

the EFL have really shown how bad they are at running a football league with their dealings with Bolton and Bury. I also would add that the FA hasn’t come out any better by not getting involved.

Did Bolton not receive any punishment for failing to play the Brentford match at the end of last season? Or was that included in this one? Seems very lenient for a club that failed to fulfill two separate fixtures.

Back
Top Bottom