Bolton’s Problems Continue

Bolton's new owners could be announced next week.
But still no date from the EFL for the hearing to penalise them for failing to fulfill their fixtures. Local media seem to think it will be a further 9 points deduction which would mean starting next season in L1 on -21 pts.

Bolton's new owners could be announced next week.
But still no date from the EFL for the hearing to penalise them for failing to fulfill their fixtures. Local media seem to think it will be a further 9 points deduction which would mean starting next season in L1 on -21 pts.

Local media speculatively hopeful with just an additional 9 points deduction , more likely to be an additional -12

Local media speculatively hopeful with just an additional 9 points deduction , more likely to be an additional -12

My issue with the news in that report is the comment about potential buyers waiting to find out what any potential points deduction is. Surely, ownership is a bit more long term than just what will happen next season?! So as a supporter, I would be very, very sceptical about those potential buyers.

I wonder how many of the bidders will pass (or even do) the EFL "fit & proper" test?

-21 seems a good starting point... ?

So Bolton only have 6 senior players left (who have played in EFL).
The new consortium, Football Ventures, have committed only £1m to 'rebuild the squad'.
Given their points deduction, they surely must be odds-on for relegation.

The points deduction may grow from 12 points as well with the deduction for not fulfilling a fixture yet to be decided (god knows what it will be, if anything, as this is the FL).

Top clubs are apparently after Luca Connell and it was suggested the administrator extended his contract (as they could under the terms of his contract) to protect his value before he moves on.

Also, rumours that Oztumer is wanted by others. And if Parkinson remains as manager then probably won't be used much as it seems PP doesn't use him. PP didn't use him much throughout their troubles towards the end of the season.

6 points for the mighty U's off Bolton then ? :unsure:

If there is one thing we can be assured of, is that no matter how desperate things get teams always manage to turn their fortunes around against us!

I expect 42 wins in the greatest points tally ever seen, but with massive defeats home and away against Bolton and Bury!!!

Was it Chester who started a season in the conference when we were down there but who never finished it? We hammered them at home then lost the points.

If we turn over one of these expect them to go the wall and we lose the points.

Back
Top Bottom