Bolton’s Problems Continue

If the remaining games are scratched that put the league positions in turmoil, teams get rewarded on their league positions at the end of the season, even if Bolton do field a weakened side to fulfil their fixtures how is that fair on the teams around Brentford and forest, teams are going to be penalised financially who are not even playing Bolton.

If the remaining games are scratched that put the league positions in turmoil, teams get rewarded on their league positions at the end of the season, even if Bolton do field a weakened side to fulfil their fixtures how is that fair on the teams around Brentford and forest, teams are going to be penalised financially who are not even playing Bolton.
Scratch all of Bolton’s games.

Does that happen in the Championship too? I think EPL has tv money something like £1M for each place.

Does that happen in the Championship too? I think EPL has tv money something like £1M for each place.
I think that the PL are the only league with prize money based on the finish.

Are Bolton not starting on minus points next season anyway?

No because they haven't gone into admin yet. Their court case got adjourned until the 8th May so they could try to get the takeover completed and the debts paid off.

Remembered correctly, don't know why they just didn't relegate them really.
Basically, because by not doing so it extended their punishment by at least a season. If they'd relegated them straight away, then they could have come straight back up, but by keeping them up, but hindering them so much that they inevitably went down, that would mean that coming back up would be delayed at least one season, possibly more as a malaise might set in and players leave in the mean time....

Well, the takeover has collapsed. They are really in the s**t now (though to be honest Bassini wasn't exactly un s**t laden.

So no takeover, existing owner wants out and won't pay the wages, administration now looks inevitable next week.

So no takeover, existing owner wants out and won't pay the wages, administration now looks inevitable next week.

If they folded what would that do to the league? Another promotion down the pyramid or shorter season?

Would be interesting but cant see the EFL letting that happen somehow...

Game scrapped and Brentford awarded. 1-0 win.

Is that the only punishment for not fulfilling a fixture now? Bit of a joke if it is.

Feel sorry for Bolton fans but Birmingham had 10 points deducted for overspending yet pay their bills and fulfilled their fixtures, if Bolton go into administration, run up bigger debts, haven’t paid wages and can’t play games then it seems strange that at worst they get the same punishment.

So Bassini is claiming that he has 'control" of Bolton and the staff have been told to not say anything to the press.
Meanwhile no comment of the players being paid.
Wtf is going on? Every club is one bad owner away from disaster ....

I thought the PFA paid the players?
So Bassini is claiming that he has 'control" of Bolton and the staff have been told to not say anything to the press.
Meanwhile no comment of the players being paid.
Wtf is going on? Every club is one bad owner away from disaster ....

I thought the PFA paid the players?
"BBC Sport understands the PFA agreed to loan the club money to cover part of the unpaid wages earlier this week, although defender Andy Taylor told BBC Radio 5 Live on Friday that they still have not received any payments towards their outstanding wages for March and April."

Back
Top Bottom