Bolton’s Problems Continue

Did Bolton not receive any punishment for failing to play the Brentford match at the end of last season? Or was that included in this one? Seems very lenient for a club that failed to fulfill two separate fixtures.

The Brentford one was included in this judgement.

The Brentford one was included in this judgement.

That is a very soft punishment then, essentially a £35 grand fine for two missed fixtures, can see why the FL are appealing as it opens the door to all sorts of shenanigans if you can call off games for £17.5K.

Football League are appealing the decision and apparently Donny won't let it go either. Damn right.

I didn't really care about Bolton before this season but I now hope they are in L2 next season.
Doncaster surely have to play the game? I reckon Bolton should pay them some compensation, and I get that they would have played kids, but surely they have to play the game?

Doncaster surely have to play the game? I reckon Bolton should pay them some compensation, and I get that they would have played kids, but surely they have to play the game?

Donny put forward the case that they should get awarded the 3 points. But they will end up playing the game. Donny I think want Bolton to have a proper punishment for the disregard in the way that Bolton called their game off. That Bolton didn't even get an actual 6 points deducted, rather than suspended for the 2 games (which is still massively lenient) also will have annoyed them.

Bolton have been treated leniently from the off and this is an extension of that:

- allowed to start the season with a youth team (Bury weren't)
- Bolton weren't charged for not paying their players yet Macclesfield have been.
- now only suspended points deduction for not playing games yet it undermines the integrity of the whole competition.

i feel for the fans as they don't deserve to be dragged into this stuff.

Everything was and has been done to help Bolton whilst everyone stood by whilst poor Bury had the trap door left open to fall into oblivion.

There should not have been constant extension of deadlines and this would have been avoided..As a club why would Bolton give a shi* about a fine and likely league 2 next season compared to the alternative?

it is not as though these cases suddenly cropped up they were ongoing for a long time and i suspect there are many clubs waiting to fall in real terms.

I hope Doncaster refuse to play any reschedualed game vs Bolton as technically they will just receive a 3 point suspended sentence.

I also hope no team goes up or down due to points/goal difference that was down to early games vs Bolton.

the EFL have really shown how bad they are at running a football league with their dealings with Bolton and Bury. I also would add that the FA hasn’t come out any better by not getting involved.
This is absolutely right. While I have sympathy for their fans, the lenience shown to Bolton by the EFL this season has totally skewed L1 as a fair competition.

Really feel for the Donny fans here. Not only will they have to shoehorn in another fixture at some point, presumably in the new year when the fatigue of a long season starts to take its toll, but what does Bolton losing three points, even if this appeal is upheld, actually do for them? There's now a real possibility that Bolton would win the rearranged fixture anyway, leaving them on essentially the same number of points and Donny with nothing.

i feel for the fans as they don't deserve to be dragged into this stuff.

Everything was and has been done to help Bolton whilst everyone stood by whilst poor Bury had the trap door left open to fall into oblivion.

There should not have been constant extension of deadlines and this would have been avoided..As a club why would Bolton give a shi* about a fine and likely league 2 next season compared to the alternative?

it is not as though these cases suddenly cropped up they were ongoing for a long time and i suspect there are many clubs waiting to fall in real terms.

Oh I don’t know. Plenty of their fans on social media are loving it and being very cocky about the way they’ve been treated. Big club syndrome and all that. I hope Bolton get relegated and we are the ones to send them down. f**k em.

Back
Top Bottom