National News Bojo's Big ben Brexit bongs?

Think this shows just how out of touch he is. ....and meanwhile children starve

So somebody says in an interview that something of little importance could be crowdfunded, a bit off the cuff as he has proper stuff to deal with.
Personally I would rather he dealt with the big stuff myself.

Starving children? Please spare me the hyperbole! Hungry, maybe but starving?

So your definition of starving involves said starving person actually dying of starvation...because up to that point they are just a bit hungry and should've asked their neighbours for a tin of beans or something.

Righty-ho

How many have died of "starvation" since that article in 2018? I`ll take a guess.......... none.
Everyone berates "foodbanks" as a government failing well before that families did go very hungry or borrowed from neighbours!
PS: I`ve moved. ?

Are you talking long term or short term? Malnutrition can cause long term health problems that cause death and it can seriously affect life chances.

Slippery slope. Getting the general public used to crowdfunding anything inherently political or supposedly in the name of the nation, be it something as daft as this or something infinitely more serious, doesn’t sit well with me. Feels a bit like people trying to get used to telling the public they should crowdfund things they care about, so that they don’t ask the government to. It starts with a nonsense publicity stunt, but where does it go down the line? Is it this rubbish today, public services tomorrow?

Don’t want to sound like I’ve got my tin hat on, but this is how the world often works at all levels, from business to politics. Bit like when good old Charlie and the mob got Sunderland fans to help them essentially refurbish the stadium for free, so that they didn’t have to spend tens of thousands of their own money on getting it done. Always good to galvanise the lower downs to do the work for the higher ups.

Last edited:
You've got to be pretty special to look at the demented slaughterhouse of a world we live in and think that you ought to give money to make a bell ring to mark brexit rather than donating it to any charity whatsoever

https://www.thedailymash.co.uk/poli...zfUEDUS8qVmxiuhuSka26Z4dgrva_UtJk8rsFcmwSv544

Amusing if predictable.

thought for a mo' I'd gone to the grauniad webshite!

Aside from what other (better) things £500k could be spent on it feels a bit premature to be celebrating Brexit before reaping the benefits we’ve been promised.

So your definition of starving involves said starving person actually dying of starvation...because up to that point they are just a bit hungry and should've asked their neighbours for a tin of beans or something.

Righty-ho

There is an immense difference between hungry & starving.
One is life threatening and folk die. Think famines etc.
I don`t doubt some kids go hungry, through no fault of their own, I would look towards the parents and their choices in that situation.
The whole "being born poor defines the rest of your life" particularly grinds with me.
We live in a country of opportunity, but the individual needs to go and get it, it won`t be given to them.
Nobody forces a young person to follow the same path their parents do.

Imagine how stupid you must feel if you actually donated like £100 only to realise you were in a minority lol - I wonder if they are going to refund or maybe just buy a few bangers and rockets to let off in the Westminster car park. No doubt C4 will be at the foot of Ben when the time comes, recording the silence.

TBH it would cost nothing to get someone to whack that bell with a sledgehammer a few times at the said time......
seriously considering going down there on 31st........would be a good pissup like the Brexit demo was ;)