National News Bojo's Big ben Brexit bongs?

Sarge

God like member
Big ben is going through a 2year plus refurbishment. Yet Bojo n his cronies want to spaff half a million quid on having big ben chiming/ringing on january 31st to ' celebrate' Brexit?
Yet he, Bojo, stated (lied again?) Post the GE he wanted to reunite the country...hardly reuniting the country is 'celebrating' something that a percentange of the entire uk population voted for but a greater percentage didnt vote for?

For me Bojos big ben brexit bongs would be a load of bollox

Big ben is going through a 2year plus refurbishment. Yet Bojo n his cronies want to spaff half a million quid on having big ben chiming/ringing on january 31st to ' celebrate' Brexit?
Yet he, Bojo, stated (lied again?) Post the GE he wanted to reunite the country...hardly reuniting the country is 'celebrating' something that a percentange of the entire uk population voted for but a greater percentage didnt vote for?

£500k of CROWDFUNDED money, so will be from those who want the bells to chime.

Where did you read it would come from central government?

Post the GE he wanted to reunite the country...hardly reuniting the country is 'celebrating' something that a percentange of the entire uk population voted for but a greater percentage didnt vote for?
Exactly this. Get on with healing the country and trying to make this work, instead of acting like a 5-year-old.

£500k of CROWDFUNDED money, so will be from those who want the bells to chime.

Where did you read it would come from central government?
I didnt ....& didnt say it was central gov £...... yep its crowdfunduding but what happens to the money if the £500k isnt reached?

big ben is in london (and being refubished currently), Bojo wants the population to pay for his and cummings brexit celebration, 'on the green ', in london, which is hardly engaging or inclusive to the majority of the uk population especially as 29 million didnt vote for Brexit ! Hardly the best way of uniting the country IMO

I didnt ....& didnt say it was central gov £...... yep its crowdfunduding but what happens to the money if the £500k isnt reached?

As in most cases, the crowdfunding money is refunded I would have thought.

One could say that, yes...but I would struggle to do so whilst keeping a straight face...
To be fair, it took him a lot of work to get there and I suppose by public money not being involved, that he nor the Govt are endorsing what the idiot Francois is trying to do. Has Farage commented yet?

I suspect they will raise the money but I'd rather they put it to better use. It's an expensive troll of Remainers from a few morons.

To be fair, it took him a lot of work to get there and I suppose by public money not being involved, that he nor the Govt are endorsing what the idiot Francois is trying to do. Has Farage commented yet?

I suspect they will raise the money but I'd rather they put it to better use. It's an expensive troll of Remainers from a few morons.
And just goes to show how small minded people can be, not to mention easily parted with their cash when we all know there are a million other more deserving causes that the money could be spent on.....we just might not agree what those causes are[emoji16][emoji6]

In any case...who owns Big Ben? Shouldn't they make the final decision on this......I demand another referendum!

I’m sure £500K could be spent on something better than that
How about getting more defibrillators to save lives
With special instructions for Mark Francois "attach one pad to each ear and press button (in the feint hope of stimulating some brain activity)"

Ahhhhh i see what you did there ;) .....you counted the people who couldnt be bothererd to vote......nice try......doesnt wash with us leavers,nice try tho .............remoaners should just get used to losing i think

And just goes to show how small minded people can be, not to mention easily parted with their cash when we all know there are a million other more deserving causes that the money could be spent on.....we just might not agree what those causes are[emoji16][emoji6]

In any case...who owns Big Ben? Shouldn't they make the final decision on this......I demand another referendum!
Such has been the vitriol, that a vocal minority of leavers have a desire to publically rub some people's faces in it because we are actually leaving - something that even a few months ago that was not a given! My preference would be to spend the money on the homeless or suicide prevention where a bigger difference can be made. A fool and his money are easily parted though and it will give Francois his moment.

My guess is the Govt own the site in some form, and thus make the final decision. If it's cost neutral, then I suppose they don't want to make a fuss to stop it.

How do they come to that figure? what a load of remoaner bollox....the clock is going to be repaired anyway so ££ will be spent whatever happens.......but dont let that get in the way of the losers tears eh?

Ahhhhh i see what you did there ;) .....you counted the people who couldnt be bothererd to vote......nice try......doesnt wash with us leavers,nice try tho .............remoaners should just get used to losing i think
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Another Sun readers slogan - £500k for a clock bell to ring - what planet does this bozo live on - serious ego problems