Votes: 3 13.0%

Votes: 6 26.1%

Votes: 4 17.4%

Votes: 7 30.4%

Votes: 2 8.7%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Think he did well to not start throwing his weight when things got tastier. Probably missed a few cards for both sides, but was otherwise generally in control. Did a lot better than the ex Prem ref on Tuesday.

I think we probably benefited from a lack of VAR - there were a couple of ‘ahem’ , tasty challenges in there. Still they benefitted in the first leg as regards the challenges on Sykes and the ball hitting the arm.

If anyone on here’s a ref with recent training I’d be interested in their opinion on the offside. I was very clearly told for our boys league that the attacker continues to be offside of the ball comes off a defender unless that defender is deliberately playing or blocking the ball. I haven’t watched it back but that offside looked like a random rebound off their defender to me at the time, so still offside.

Similar to the first leg where you have seen penalties given (for us) yesterday we couldn't have complained if we ended the game with 9 men.
The big decisions, including the very good advantage for their first goal, he got more or less right. I think Stroud and Madley both had the "aura" that gets them televised gigs, no accident that this is not the usual L1 fare.

How Taylor was still on the pitch at the end is a mystery. The flailing arm could have been a straight red as it is, but he should have certainly gone after the stupid foul on the keeper (who is a drama queen, yes).

That tackle by Henry was only replayed once quickly and never again. Naughty, naughty tackle that is, again, a minimum yellow.

The offside can only be because the ref thought the header was intentional in some way. Surely he couldn't have thought that the three OUFC players were onside? Yellow for the keeper is correct, as captain you shouldn't be out of your box shouting at the linesman.

Turton should have been carded for the pull-back on Sykes before he saw yellow.

Not sure that ending with 11 a side is testament to his game handling or not to be honest.

Solid 7 from me, bordering on an 8.
Got most of it right whilst missing some decisions for both sides that could have changed the game.
Taylor get a red for the eye gouge?
Turton gets carded before he pulls Sykes back?

There we are, it level itself out!

Solid 7 from me, bordering on an 8.
Got most of it right whilst missing some decisions for both sides that could have changed the game.
Taylor get a red for the eye gouge?
Turton gets carded before he pulls Sykes back?

There we are, it level itself out!
And that’s the benefit of not having VAR last night; we had a free flowing entertaining game with 22 on the pitch at the end of the game. Good old fashioned blood and thunder challenges and a sensible ref who I thought controlled the game well.
8 from me.

Completely agree with that ^^^

The best thing about the ref last night was that at no time did he lose control. He had the authority over all the players. Took no s**t and also had an understanding of how football at this level works.

Others mentioned how it evened itself in the game and that’s spot on.

More of that level of officiating and league one will be better for it.

Similar to the first leg where you have seen penalties given (for us) yesterday we couldn't have complained if we ended the game with 9 men.
The big decisions, including the very good advantage for their first goal, he got more or less right. I think Stroud and Madley both had the "aura" that gets them televised gigs, no accident that this is not the usual L1 fare.

How Taylor was still on the pitch at the end is a mystery. The flailing arm could have been a straight red as it is, but he should have certainly gone after the stupid foul on the keeper (who is a drama queen, yes).

That tackle by Henry was only replayed once quickly and never again. Naughty, naughty tackle that is, again, a minimum yellow.

The offside can only be because the ref thought the header was intentional in some way. Surely he couldn't have thought that the three OUFC players were onside? Yellow for the keeper is correct, as captain you shouldn't be out of your box shouting at the linesman.

Turton should have been carded for the pull-back on Sykes before he saw yellow.

Not sure that ending with 11 a side is testament to his game handling or not to be honest.
I went back and had a look, and the ref was close to the defending player, facing him, and the player jumped to block the ball - so it was not offside.

Back
Top Bottom