Matches Blackpool Fan in Peace

BlackpoolMad

Blackpool fan
Evening all. Just wanted to say hard luck for today. I hope this post doesn't come across as patronising.

I feared Oxford the most coming into the playoffs and was gutted we didn't see the best of you today. You're a far better side than what was on show. I think the 2nd goal took the wind out of your sales but we were very fortunate to have 11 on the field at the end of the match. You missed a great 1v1 chance and even that could've been pulled back for a pen. As they say "you've seen them given" the handball, the yellow after 5mins, if the ref gives a pen or a red you could've argued a case for both giving and not. It could've been a completely different game.

That said, we're also a better team than what we showed today too. We signed about 12 new players art the start of the season and if we hadn't taken around 10 games to gel we'd have probably gone up automatically.

I hope you guys give yourselves a better account on Friday and do your season some justice. Maybe a 3-1 win for you guys with us progressing to Wembley.

All the best for Friday and next season.

Not a chance....we are embarrassingly shite......go beat blunderland please.

Evening all. Just wanted to say hard luck for today. I hope this post doesn't come across as patronising.

I feared Oxford the most coming into the playoffs and was gutted we didn't see the best of you today. You're a far better side than what was on show. I think the 2nd goal took the wind out of your sales but we were very fortunate to have 11 on the field at the end of the match. You missed a great 1v1 chance and even that could've been pulled back for a pen. As they say "you've seen them given" the handball, the yellow after 5mins, if the ref gives a pen or a red you could've argued a case for both giving and not. It could've been a completely different game.

That said, we're also a better team than what we showed today too. We signed about 12 new players art the start of the season and if we hadn't taken around 10 games to gel we'd have probably gone up automatically.

I hope you guys give yourselves a better account on Friday and do your season some justice. Maybe a 3-1 win for you guys with us progressing to Wembley.

Congratulations, particularly after the ownership fiasco you have had to endure. Best wishes for the final, you seem to unearthed a very smart manager/coach. You are the best of a pretty ordinary play-off quartet, hope you enjoy the occasion!

You're miles better than us and deserve to go up. I feared this would happen if we made the play-offs. Lot of work to be done if we want to be challenging next season.

I would say good luck in the final but you won't need it, I fully expect you to do the job and have had a bet on you to do so.

You're miles better than us and deserve to go up. I feared this would happen if we made the play-offs. Lot of work to be done if we want to be challenging next season.

I would say good luck in the final but you won't need it, I fully expect you to do the job and have had a bet on you to do so.
Steady on. Thought Lincoln looked pretty useful tonight, and we still have the second leg to go.

Yes we’re 3-0 up, but decades of Oyston ownership has scarred me and I’m just used to crushing disappointment after crushing disappointment

Steady on. Thought Lincoln looked pretty useful tonight, and we still have the second leg to go.

Yes we’re 3-0 up, but decades of Oyston ownership has scarred me and I’m just used to crushing disappointment after crushing disappointment
At least Lincoln will hopefully make us failing this season a bit bearable even if it’s witnessing the 187 page melt down in their forum after their defeat tonight.

Think its just because of your attachment to the team you're nervous. Obviously there are no guarantees in football but Lincoln are nowhere near you, you'd brush aside Sunderland too.

I'm going to spend my winnings on a charity which helps people born in Swindon learn to read and write.

Good luck
I have been impressed with Blackpool in both home games against us
We should learn so much in your approach to planning and winning games
For what it’s worth I think you have a better team than both Hull and Peterborough

Me too, guess its part of the healing process for some. Trying to mitigate the disappointment with our performance by over-inflating the capabilities of the opposition.
I agree. “Oh there’s absolutely no shame in being beaten by the best team we’ve ever seen at the Kassam, we should feel honoured just to be on the same pitch as those tangerine Gods, we actually did brilliantly to limit them to just the three goals...”

We lost 3-0 at home to a team who weren’t good enough to finish in the top 2. It wasn’t good enough.

I just hope one or two of our supporters have gone on their forum and congratulated them on getting into the final. At half-time.

We‘re going to come out and score in the 1st minute. The second will be the last kick of the first half. Blackpool players will spend half-time in the bogs crapping it. Then Sykes will come out and score his first goal of the season midway thru the second half with a powerhouse buttock pass, via a clearance from the Pool keeper. We will then win on penalties.

Me too, guess its part of the healing process for some. Trying to mitigate the disappointment with our performance by over-inflating the capabilities of the opposition.
Let's be honest though they are better than us (and the other two as the league table shows), I was worried about us making the play-offs and getting battered and it proved to be so.

No fawning over Blackpool the place by me though, it is, by anyone's standards, a shithole. But the team, yeah, they're ok. Will probably stay up next season, I have a weird feeling all 3 promoted teams will stay up.

We‘re going to come out and score in the 1st minute. The second will be the last kick of the first half. Blackpool players will spend half-time in the bogs crapping it. Then Sykes will come out and score his first goal of the season midway thru the second half with a powerhouse buttock pass, via a clearance from the Pool keeper. We will then win on penalties.
Wouldn’t be shocked if all the above happened. Bar the last. Maxwell loves a penalty save

Agreed. Much prefer Great Yarmouth.
Yes maybe but both Blackpool and Great Yarmouth have something in common, and that’s not the pleasure beaches but the awful places behind them, it seems both councils only care about tourism and not the locals.

Back
Top Bottom