Blackburn away

I would like to know the number of people who attend away matches but do not attend the Kassam. Many that pour money into other clubs coffers when it should be the other way about. No excuses about windswept stadium, no atmosphere etc......rather go to away matches. Blackburn, for instance, probably 2000 fans. Really pisses me off. If I get some flack, so be it.

I would like to know the number of people who attend away matches but do not attend the Kassam. Many that pour money into other clubs coffers when it should be the other way about. No excuses about windswept stadium, no atmosphere etc......rather go to away matches. Blackburn, for instance, probably 2000 fans. Really pisses me off. If I get some flack, so be it.

Do I qualify? I have ST that probably gets used 4-6 times a year and do more away`s than home.
Home games are a 3 hour round drive, give or take, then its no beers etc. unless I can convince the better half to drive
Away days, walk to the train station early doors and roll up in wherever for the day. Meet up with old mates, depending on location, go for a meal etc.
Donny away she visited her relations up there dropped me in town at 10.30am....day finished after a cracking meal with the relations at about 1.00am.

Compared to a trip to the Breeze block? No contest.

I (as the name would suggest) live in Leeds, so it is much easier for me to go to away matches with 'Northern' teams (all reachable by train). Consider Blackburn on Saturday, train and match ticket just over £25. If I was going to a home game, that would barely get me as far as Birmingham on the train.

And I think you will deserve it.

Do I qualify? I have ST that probably gets used 4-6 times a year and do more away`s than home.
Home games are a 3 hour round drive, give or take, then its no beers etc. unless I can convince the better half to drive
Away days, walk to the train station early doors and roll up in wherever for the day. Meet up with old mates, depending on location, go for a meal etc.
Donny away she visited her relations up there dropped me in town at 10.30am....day finished after a cracking meal with the relations at about 1.00am.

Well said Sir.

Add me to your count because I've only been to aways this season. I doubt we'll have 2000 at Blackburn if we are only at 1100 today.

You didn’t think that one through, did you?!

Guess what? We don't all live in Oxford.

What a downright stupid post.

Posted already but just to double check.

If anyone based in London wants two adult tickets for free to Blackburn away, pm me - bought them but now can't go, and don't want there to be any empty seats!

Isn’t a season ticket a bit of a waste of money then?

Yeah, why bother with a season ticket? Just go to the away games. Only mugs buy stuff from the official. Buy your shirt and scarf second hand off fleabay. No way are you letting the club get hold of your cash. Avoid all expenditure that goes into the clubs coffers. See you at an away game sometime, in the conference South you prick.

Isn’t a season ticket a bit of a waste of money then?

Depends how u class supporting ur club? Many of those being moaned at for going to away games not home, do actually still buy a season ticket. They ain’t doing it as a protest! Big fan of supporting the club as u wish and letting others do the same. All this ur not a real fan as u don’t have a season ticket, or I’m more of a fan as I stand and sing is pointless. Everyone supports in different ways. Doesn’t matter if U go 60 games a season or 6

No logic whatsoever - Like saying why don't all season ticket holders attend away matches? each to their own.

You pay your money your make your choices, fan’s that visit our stadium but don’t go to there own teams home ground are putting money in our coffers, bit harsh to judge imo.

This. Well said.

I spend maybe £80-£100 per year in the club shop on top of the tickets I buy for games I can get to as well. Where I do agree with Windmill is that the club can't budget on sporadic purchases like mine. Knowing I can't get to many home games, I'd love there to be a way I can show my commitment by paying a subscription instead of buying stuff occasionally. Then the club knows it will get however much money from me each year, can budget accordingly, and I can still pick up stuff (EG. Get a new kit every year, some leisure wear, a few programmes, access to tickets for big games (after ST holders)... something like that). There must be others in the same boat.

Back
Top Bottom