Blackburn away

I live in Warwickshire, about an hour and ten drive to the ground from where I live. Went to ten home games this season I think and two away (Walsall and Shrewsbury) following a football club is an expensive business. Even if I drive down to Oxford for a game it's a £30-40 day with a match ticket included.

Would a club membership work for those unable to attend the vast amount of home games? As in if you don't live in Oxford but still want to attend some home games and a number of away games but want priority on a seat / tickets as season ticket holders get?

A scenario where you pay a membership fee at start of year of say £50 and select a "home seat" as such with that. You then receive priority on getting that seat / seats for 48 hours or similar when tickets for that game go on sale (allowing you to sit by your season ticket friend) and also allowing you access to away game tickets at the same time as season ticket holders? (If you don't select your "home seat" within 48 hours it gets rightfully allocated to whoever)

Do I qualify? I have ST that probably gets used 4-6 times a year and do more away`s than home.
Home games are a 3 hour round drive, give or take, then its no beers etc. unless I can convince the better half to drive
Away days, walk to the train station early doors and roll up in wherever for the day. Meet up with old mates, depending on location, go for a meal etc.
Donny away she visited her relations up there dropped me in town at 10.30am....day finished after a cracking meal with the relations at about 1.00am.

Compared to a trip to the Breeze block? No contest.

I get the Breeze Block thing but Oxford city centre (okay it is 4 miles away) is a mighty fine place for beers (a bit expensive in some establishments but not all). Possible to meet up with mates there before and / or afterwards and treat home games like away games? Just a thought. We had a session around Jericho after Donny - thoroughly enjoyable. And I got the train in - walked to the ground taking in the St Aldates Tavern, the Chester and the George before hand. But I fully understand that many people don't go in for walking very far. There are buses of course. What I suppose I am saying is that is is possible to make the home game experience better than it often is with a bit of planning and effort (and mates up for the same thing).

Yeah, why bother with a season ticket? Just go to the away games. Only mugs buy stuff from the official. Buy your shirt and scarf second hand off fleabay. No way are you letting the club get hold of your cash. Avoid all expenditure that goes into the clubs coffers. See you at an away game sometime, in the conference South you prick.
If you're talking to me wind your head in sonny! Buying a season ticket you don't use is an expensive business - not many people are well off enough to do this just because they want to give the club money

A day in the life of a Yellow staying overnight for a game.........
............................................................................................................................................
We left Lincoln at 7.00am, looking forward to an overnight stay on the north west coast, we arrived in Blackpool at 9.30am (yes I had my foot down), we abandoned the car, checked in at our B&B, dumped our bags and made our way towards the Blackpool tower area, the weather was excellent, the sea air was clean and all seemed rosey, until we entered Wetherspoons on the sea front to be greeted with a rather large contingent of “Young Farmers”, they were fcuking mental and everywhere, some reports had their numbers at over 5,000 in the town for the bank holiday weekend which looking back is probably why we couldn’t get a top notch hotel,
Anyway after a large breakfast and a few more beers before the scheduled train trip to Blackburn we headed to the train station which was fairly surreal as there were us, some Blackburn Rovers fans and a core of 10 / 12 yellows with the same idea that we have had staying on the seaside resort and we were still 30 odd miles from the match and Blackburn’s big day....
I will not be on my own when the most important seat on a train is getting a table seat and true to form the 3 of us were straight on the train and in the said position within seconds......
After 10 minutes of the train not moving it was obvious there was a problem, no fcuking train driver, so we had to get off the train and take the fcuking 50 minute “rail replacement bus” ride to Preston before continuing our journey onto Blackburn which now put us nearly 2 Hours behind schedule, however we were never going to miss the game, the only thing we were missing was the beer.....
We finally arrived at the Fenhurst family pub overlooking Ewood Park at 3.00pm ish to meet fellow yellows, family and friends and a time to enjoy the day, which we thoroughly did....
(The match is exempt from this post as I have applauded our team and our fans on a previous post)
Getting out of the stadium was easy even though there was one altercation with one particular bruiser steward, you all know who he was, we then find ourselves with no plan to get back to the train station to get our 8.30pm express train to Blackpool in good time to get a few drinks before sun rise..
Due to the Blackburn hangers on, we waited over 30 minutes on the bus we were on until it was allowed to move which meant we missed our train for the 2nd time in one day and had to wait until 10.15pm before the Blackpool tower was in our sights again, by now we were more where’s our bed than where’s the town and judging by the amount of youngsters and young farmers out on the town, bed was the safest option...........
I THINK WE WILL DRIVE NEXT TIME........

Last edited:
A day in the life of a Yellow staying overnight for a game.........
............................................................................................................................................
We left Lincoln at 7.00am, looking forward to an overnight stay on the north west coast, we arrived in Blackpool at 9.30am (yes I had my foot down), we abandoned the car, checked in at our B&B, dumped our bags and made our way towards the Blackpool tower area, the weather was excellent, the sea air was clean and all seemed rosey, until we entered Wetherspoons on the sea front to be greeted with a rather large contingent of “Young Farmers”, they were fcuking mental and everywhere, some reports had their numbers at over 5,000 in the town for the bank holiday weekend which looking back is probably why we couldn’t get a top notch hotel,
Anyway after a large breakfast and a few more beers before the scheduled train trip to Blackburn we headed to the train station which was fairly surreal as there were us, some Blackburn Rovers fans and a core of 10 / 12 yellows with the same idea that we have had staying on the seaside resort and we were still 30 odd miles from the match and Blackburn’s big day....
I will not be on my own when the most important seat on a train is getting a table seat and true to form the 3 of us were straight on the train and in the said position within seconds......
After 10 minutes of the train not moving it was obvious there was a problem, no fcuking train driver, so we had to get off the train and take the fcuking 50 minute “rail replacement bus” ride to Preston before continuing our journey onto Blackburn which now put us nearly 2 Hours behind schedule, however we were never going to miss the game, the only thing we were missing was the beer.....
We finally arrived at the Fenhurst family pub overlooking Ewood Park at 3.00pm ish to meet fellow yellows, family and friends and a time to enjoy the day, which we thoroughly did....
(The match is exempt from this post as I have applauded our team and our fans on a previous post)
Getting out of the stadium was easy even though there was one altercation with one particular bruiser steward, you all know who he was, we then find ourselves with no plan to get back to the train station to get our 8.30pm express train to Blackpool in good time to get a few drinks before sun rise..
Due to the Blackburn hangers on, we waited over 30 minutes on the bus we were on until it was allowed to move which meant we missed our train for the 2nd time in one day and had to wait until 10.15pm before the Blackpool tower was in our sights again, by now we were more where’s our bed than where’s the town and judging by the amount of youngsters and young farmers out on the town, bed was the safest option...........
I THINK WE WILL DRIVE NEXT TIME........

Glad all the farmers were up the road with you. Meant we had free rein with the heifers that were out on the tiles in Preston.

Back
Top Bottom