International News Black Lives Matter

Can't be arsed to read the article, but I wonder how exactly you boycott a royal family.

Stop visiting Buckingham Palace/Windsor Castle (albeit I don't know if they get this revenue) and don't buy any of Charlie's products from his Duchy. After that I don't know.

Point remains. Need to relax and don’t the likes of Danny and Cassie get to you like they do.
i dont post here to wind him up he is the one who ends up making insults at me every time same for afew others .

This is going to get a few people going.

Not at all, the BLM folk will just realise how unimportant they are.
Wasn`t it AJ who suggested "only buy from Black businesses"?
Can`t remember which sponsors he ditched.........probably none of them.

Not at all, the BLM folk will just realise how unimportant they are.
Wasn`t it AJ who suggested "only buy from Black businesses"?
Can`t remember which sponsors he ditched.........probably none of them.
All organisations have their nutters to be fair.

If you think that you are in an organisation that doesn't have a nutter, it's probably you...

All organisations have their nutters to be fair.

If you think that you are in an organisation that doesn't have a nutter, it's probably you...

I was at a training day, big old affair 100 folk 10 to a table.

Presenter said "1% of society meets the clinical criteria of being a psychopath".

Followed by "That means 1 person in this room is and it`s not me"

"And now you are all looking at each other thinking....."

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Acts like a Nazis, is a.....

BBC News - MP calls for Lincolnshire slavery report to be 'shredded'

He was saying that it was a waste of £15k of taxpayers money looking into something that everyone knew had happened.

In the article you linked...... with more context than your gaslighting attempt at implementing Godwins Law......

He said:
"It has no use whatsoever and it's indicative of an organisation that needs to be brought to order."

He also said:
"Of course slavery was awful and of course it was right we abolished it, but I am not sure we need to go through this kind of comprehensive report linking tangentially all kinds of places and buildings to that effort."

He was saying that it was a waste of £15k of taxpayers money looking into something that everyone knew had happened.
No, everybody doesn't know everything there is to know about our history. Sorry to surprise you. You've got to question why he thinks exploring and revealing more about our history is a waste of money. And even if you are gullible/ignorant enough to believe him, surely shredding the work is an even bigger waste of money (as well as being the kind of thing the Nazis did).

And for balance, from the pro-Government BBC no less...

Of course they will complain they wouldn't be campaigners otherwise. Imagine being a campaign group and a report saying your whole reason for existing might be a bit iffy. Of course you will reject it

Some of those campaigners are saying "the wrong sort of black people" were chosen to gather the information and write the report.

I`m guessing they think they are the perfect candidates.

Some of those campaigners are saying "the wrong sort of black people" were chosen to gather the information and write the report.

At least two people reported as ‘stakeholders’ contributing to the report are saying they haven’t been consulted. This relentless divisive politics is bloody tedious.

I believe two of them were on record as saying they didn't believe there was institutional racism before selected to conduct the study.

I believe two of them were on record as saying they didn't believe there was institutional racism before selected to conduct the study.

So the study couldn`t possibly have changed their mind or, maybe, established they were actually right?
What if they were on record saying they did believe there was institutional racism ?

Just for you......
1617300512413.png

So from what I can tell from the intro, summary and recommendations, the report acknowledges that racism is still a problem, but that it does not manifest in systematic deliberate racism. To cherry pick a couple of paragraphs:
Put simply we no longer see a Britain where the system is deliberately rigged against ethnic minorities. The impediments and disparities do exist, they are varied, and ironically very few of them are directly to do with racism. Too often ‘racism’ is the catch-all explanation, and can be simply implicitly accepted rather than explicitly examined.

The evidence shows that geography, family influence, socio-economic background, culture and religion have more significant impact on life chances than the existence of racism. That said, we take the reality of racism seriously and we do not deny that it is a real force in the UK.

I think that’s fair, and even the most progressive types on here aren’t far off that view.

Just because systemic discrimination isn’t deliberate, doesn’t mean it doesn’t exist - that’s part of the whole point. Deliberate racism would include job adverts that say “blacks need not apply”. You can still, through ignorance, set up a recruitment system that manages to disfavour minorities without any deliberate purpose. I have been working on gender equity (hardly a minority!) in recruitment at my place for years and with positive will from all involved it still turns out to be very difficult without implementing hard positive discrimination. It is the hidden commonly accepted details of selection criteria, definitions of merit, even dress standards that subtly bias the processes, and even a small %age bias (say 5%) has a dramatic compounding effect over 5years.

Here’s an idea; how about the Doreen Lawrence’s, Diane Abbott’s and others scoffing, sneering and criticising the report actually recognised what has been identified as needing change and changed their mindsets to getting on and doing something about it?
Otherwise we go round and round and round again....
Radical.

So from what I can tell from the intro, summary and recommendations, the report acknowledges that racism is still a problem, but that it does not manifest in systematic deliberate racism. To cherry pick a couple of paragraphs:
Put simply we no longer see a Britain where the system is deliberately rigged against ethnic minorities. The impediments and disparities do exist, they are varied, and ironically very few of them are directly to do with racism. Too often ‘racism’ is the catch-all explanation, and can be simply implicitly accepted rather than explicitly examined.

The evidence shows that geography, family influence, socio-economic background, culture and religion have more significant impact on life chances than the existence of racism. That said, we take the reality of racism seriously and we do not deny that it is a real force in the UK.

I think that’s fair, and even the most progressive types on here aren’t far off that view.

Just because systemic discrimination isn’t deliberate, doesn’t mean it doesn’t exist - that’s part of the whole point. Deliberate racism would include job adverts that say “blacks need not apply”. You can still, through ignorance, set up a recruitment system that manages to disfavour minorities without any deliberate purpose. I have been working on gender equity (hardly a minority!) in recruitment at my place for years and with positive will from all involved it still turns out to be very difficult without implementing hard positive discrimination. It is the hidden commonly accepted details of selection criteria, definitions of merit, even dress standards that subtly bias the processes, and even a small %age bias (say 5%) has a dramatic compounding effect over 5years.
It comes down to what is (the definition of) institutional racism and I haven't seen that discussed much. There is possibly an eliminate of unintentionally but damaging 'cross purposes' going on here.

Back
Top Bottom