International News Black Lives Matter

And there was I thinking he was caring, congestion charge was 5 days a week from 0700 - 1800 now Khan as soon as the ease of lockdown was announce it became 7 - 22.00 7 days a week and no exemptions for disability the bloke doesn’t give a s**t about disabled
Khan had no choice because income has fallen off a cliff and the government won't help. Stop reading the right wing bu11sh*t rags.

Khan had no choice because income has fallen off a cliff and the government won't help. Stop reading the right wing bu11sh*t rags.
Let’s hope the same opinion is shared once taxes and national insurance rise.

Has the furlough scheme, SEISS and government grants not helped then?

If you hold a valid Blue Badge in the European Economic Area, you're eligible to register for a 100% discount, even if you don't own a vehicle or drive. (If you have an organisation Blue Badge or are applying on behalf of another person, for example a child, please see 'Applying for Blue Badge discount on behalf of someone else' below).

You can register up to two vehicles that you would normally use to travel within the Congestion Charge zone. This could be your own vehicle, or one you travel in.

You can apply for a discount online but you'll need to supply certain documents to show you're entitled to the discount.

Documents you need to provide
You need to provide us with a copy of both sides of your Blue Badge plus one of the following proofs of identity:

• DSS benefit entitlement letter (less than 7 months old)
  • Current passport
  • Current driver's licence
  • Pension book/entitlement letter (less than 7 months old)
  • Birth certificate (same first and last names as the Blue Badge. Not a Certificate of Registration of Birth)
  • Marriage certificate (same first and last names as the Blue Badge)
  • Current bank or credit card Statement (no more than 3 months old)
  • Deed Poll Certificate (same first and last names as the Blue Badge)
You can upload images of these documents as part of your online application, or you can send copies by post or email later on.

Until we confirm your application is successful you must pay the charge for journeys within the zone.

Cost
You have to pay £10 to register for the Blue Badge discount. This will need to be renewed in line with your Blue Badge expiry date. As long as you renew within 90 days after the expiry date, you will not need to make a further payment.
I stand corrected the only info I heard was that us blue badge holders weren’t exempt anymore.

Well must be bullshit that over 400 billion has been spent to support small business and furloughed employees.......must have heard wrong then.

You can bet when this is all over that taxes will rise to recoup what has been spent to try and save this country from a real financial meltdown, it will be hard but has to be done, and then you can guarantee Sonos poster n here will lambast the government for trying to right the economy.

Well must be bullshit that over 400 billion has been spent to support small business and furloughed employees.......must have heard wrong then.
What's that got to do with TFL funding? You really don't understand the issues here do you.

You can bet when this is all over that taxes will rise to recoup what has been spent to try and save this country from a real financial meltdown, it will be hard but has to be done, and then you can guarantee Sonos poster n here will lambast the government for trying to right the economy.

Depends who they try to get the money back from Bazzer. If it those with the least then yes they'll get criticism from me.

Undoubtedly for me, the Govt support was the right thing to do and they have helped mitigate the situation. This was something Johnson's Govt got right.

And I wonder if the predominately white BLM members hadn’t dragged Colstons statue and f the plinth and then tipped into the harbour, would we have had these violent clashes, or is it a case of very thick personal protesting?
I think you hit the nail on the head here Bazzer, had the police been a lot more forceful last week what has happened this weekend wouldn’t have happened or at least not anywhere near the same extent. Oh and by the way there were idiots on both sides yesterday.

I think you hit the nail on the head here Bazzer, had the police been a lot more forceful last week what has happened this weekend wouldn’t have happened or at least not anywhere near the same extent. Oh and by the way there were idiots on both sides yesterday.
So to get this right, You think the police should have been more forceful during a protest which started out as a protest against police brutality?

Some simply astonishing videos being posted on social media from yesterday. Everything from monkey gestures, to punching police, to spitting on innocent people in parks.

I’m sure people will be equally as outraged by most of it as they were when the statue went bye bye’s, because it’s all balanced and there’s no bias involved.

yes it;s funny how a demonstration whose aims seems to have been entirely violent - despite the fact that the Black Lives Matter demonstration was called off, doesn't get the codemnation from the usual suspects on here despite fascist insignia on dsiplay, Nazi helmets and salutes and repeated violent attacks on the police, photographers, picnickers, and people of the wrong ethnicity .

meanwhile the overwhelmingly peaceful demonstration last week which as other's have pointed out was against police brutality has been condemned by Johnson and his government in what is clearly an attempt to distract from their incompetence in allowing tens of thousands of our fellow citizens to die because of their incompetence and laziness

Johnson whose repulsive remarks about black people, Asians Europeans, and more or less everybody who didn't got to Eton and learn to smash up Oxfordshire restaurants in the traditional upper class manner shares a good deal of responsibility for egging on the far right rump with his nod and wink support for their thuggery.

• React
Reactions: QR
So to get this right, You think the police should have been more forceful during a protest which started out as a protest against police brutality?
A bit more than standing aside to let them do what they like yes or do you advocate having police and them not maintaining the law of this land, oh and by the way the police brutality happened in another country.
Also what has damaging statues and monuments got to do with police brutality.

Can’t see that happening.
Debt will become a long termer and ultimately be written off.

What's that got to do with TFL funding? You really don't understand the issues here do you.
TfL Transport for London, wonder if other towns and cities are moaning, maybe the government should contribute some monies for TFL but khan when he has recouped the money through the congestion charge I bet his extortionate rates won’t go down and wonder how long before he extends the congestion charge perimeter.

Depends who they try to get the money back from Bazzer. If it those with the least then yes they'll get criticism from me.
Not everyone are big earner’s in the smoke, and as I said to @QR wonder how long it will be before he extends the congestion perimeter, and maybe even 24/7

Can’t see that happening.
Debt will become a long termer and ultimately be written off.
It’s money that we don’t have if they as you say may write it off it could lead to sterling be Ming devalued, I shudder at the thought.

1. A bit more than standing aside to let them do what they like yes or do you advocate having police and them not maintaining the law of this land, oh and by the way the police brutality happened in another country.
2. Also what has damaging statues and monuments got to do with police brutality.
1. This was a strategic decision in order not to escalate the situation and taken at a high level

2. Let's join the dots for the hard of thinking. Iconic symbols have been used to represent many things since time began. Whilst the statue/s concerned have nothing to do with police brutality, they are perceived by some as representatives of historical racism and oppression. Meanwhile, back in the present, racism is active as ever.

Hope that helps.

Not everyone are big earner’s in the smoke, and as I said to @QR wonder how long it will be before he extends the congestion perimeter, and maybe even 24/7

Read up on the deal Khan had no choice but to take for TfL and it was Johnson and his Govt playing politics especially as they expected TfL to continue operating with no income.

And I was talking about Govt and when it starts trying to recoup this money they've spent in this crisis.

Back
Top Bottom