International News Black Lives Matter

I agree here guns are the problem here the police should carry tasers then there would be a man who whilst disobeying police orders smells of fried chicken instead of being paralysed. Likewise carrying forearms so openly is asking for trouble as a society even though it looks like it was discharged in self defence after being attacked with a skate board. That said the biggest issue are those that went out to riot and the senior politicians who didn't immediately bring in federal help and enforce order again. No petrol station should have needed defending by civilians. The state should have protected it with great force as only the state can.

"Self defence after being attacked with a skate board"

You do realise that the individual had (allegedly) already shot and killed one person by then? The other two who were shot, one of which fatally, were defending their fellow citizens from a 17 year old, illegally armed with a semi automatic rifle who had already used deadly force against an unarmed individual.

So I'm not sure that "the biggest issue are those who went out to riot" is accurate in this case.

"Self defence after being attacked with a skate board"

You do realise that the individual had (allegedly) already shot and killed one person by then? The other two who were shot, one of which fatally, were defending their fellow citizens from a 17 year old, illegally armed with a semi automatic rifle who had already used deadly force against an unarmed individual.

So I'm not sure that "the biggest issue are those who went out to riot" is accurate in this case.

Tbf, the last one shot was chasing him up the street with a handgun which he had started to pull out when he got shot so not so certain he was defending anybody. There is doubt on the 1st person killed as well in that there are suggestions it wasn't just a bag he had thrown but a bag with a heavy object in it (ie. a weapon) before the shooting and that when he was shot he was trying to get the gun off Rittenhouse. The video isn't the clearest on any mind apart from the fact the last one shot had a handgun and had it in his hand when he got shot.

Tbf, the last one shot was chasing him up the street with a handgun which he had started to pull out when he got shot so not so certain he was defending anybody. There is doubt on the 1st person killed as well in that there are suggestions it wasn't just a bag he had thrown but a bag with a heavy object in it (ie. a weapon) before the shooting and that when he was shot he was trying to get the gun off Rittenhouse. The video isn't the clearest on any mind apart from the fact the last one shot had a handgun and had it in his hand when he got shot.

The point being that the incident with the skateboard and/or hand gun had both happened after the first shooting. Therefore it makes more sense to attribute self defence to the two looking to tackle the shooter rather than on behalf of the shooter.

The point being that the incident with the skateboard and/or hand gun had both happened after the first shooting. Therefore it makes more sense to attribute self defence to the two looking to tackle the shooter rather than on behalf of the shooter.
What a load of tosh............................. self defence is when you retaliate when someone is attacking you,NOT chase someone down the street trying to attack them.? ? ? ? NOT GUILTY......youll see ;)

I don't think US law works that way and I doubt chasing after somebody with a handgun in your hand for a block or two can be claimed as self defence. The skateboard bloke may be different as he happened to be on the spot rather than straight chasing him down the street iirc.

I should add I think Rittenhouse might be screwed anyway because of the politics and the fact he shouldn't have had a gun in the 1st place considering his age.

I don't think US law works that way and I doubt chasing after somebody with a handgun in your hand for a block or two can be claimed as self defence. The skateboard bloke may be different as he happened to be on the spot rather than straight chasing him down the street iirc.

I should add I think Rittenhouse might be screwed anyway because of the politics and the fact he shouldn't have had a gun in the 1st place considering his age.
Because of the politics???

He might be screwed because of his actions and nothing more!!!

Because of the politics???

He might be screwed because of his actions and nothing more!!!

Yes because of politics. The DA will pursue this to the nth degree because of politics whereas in other circumstances may have followed a different tack (ie. a lesser plea deal). And good luck finding jurors who don't know anything about this and not having any preconceived ideas on it.

Yes because of politics. The DA will pursue this to the nth degree because of politics whereas in other circumstances may have followed a different tack (ie. a lesser plea deal). And good luck finding jurors who don't know anything about this and not having any preconceived ideas on it.

I'm pretty sure that under any circumstances at 17 year old with an illegal semi automatic rifle, shooting 3 and killing 2 people, whilst being recorded, would probably get into trouble!!

The only politics involved is that in other circumstances he would have already been killed by the police and wouldn't have the luxury of a trial!

I'm pretty sure that under any circumstances at 17 year old with an illegal semi automatic rifle, shooting 3 and killing 2 people, whilst being recorded, would probably get into trouble!!

The only politics involved is that in other circumstances he would have already been killed by the police and wouldn't have the luxury of a trial!

I suggest you watch some of the videos about this and articles about it where politics are talked about having a major impact on this case, particularly on the actions of the DA. And I never said he wouldn't be in trouble, just challenged some of your points about what happened.

When snowflakes are losing the argument they stoop to all sorts of wierdo actions.....no coincidence that the person who they are demonstrating about and one of the persons shot are sex offenders.....surprised they aint demonstrating that jimmy savile is just a misunderstood innocent ......... shame on them really........
Jimmy Savile

F886402C-93D9-4BF0-A991-2967EB6D96D2.jpeg

Just sat and watched a 10 minute long advert on BLM and earlier had Jamie Rednapp frothing at the mouth over the 2 criminals George ffloyd and that Blake bloke......the worlds gone fkin mad......all this bollox on skysports news???????......stick to the sport please.

Proms were disappointing. As lifeless as a football match without fans

more BBC crap..........defund the licence ripoff...........work for yer £££££ instead of stealing from pensioners

It wasn't on at the pub
Oh, sorry. I thought you kicked up a fuss about the last night of the proms debate and said you look forward to hearing the likes of Rule Britannia sung with all the words.

Would certainly be interesting to see how many of the 80,000 people who signed the petition (and many others more who joined the row on comments sections) actually tuned in to watch after the organisers caved to demands.

Oh, sorry. I thought you kicked up a fuss about the last night of the proms debate and said you look forward to hearing the likes of Rule Britannia sung with all the words.

Would certainly be interesting to see how many of the 80,000 people who signed the petition (and many others more who joined the row on comments sections) actually tuned in to watch after the organisers caved to demands.

A traditional is a continuous phenomenon. Once it's gone, it's gone. It's not just about this one televised night of music it's also about the battle proms, the music you hum in the street, etc. etc.

Back
Top Bottom