International News Black Lives Matter

Izzy is saying these out of love, he wants everyone to go to heaven. I don't know all of his opinions. I don't know him and I've never heard one of his sermons. And neither do the vast majority of people who live here in Britain know Izzy. It's the media portrayal of him that we know. Saint Paul I think was on about guys who are in relationships with women and are fathers, those were the one he was on about; many well off guys back 2000 years ago had younger guys on the side, he was saying that that was wrong, which it is.
Moderators - I've been admonished for talking about the lack of masks being worn on a match day on a match day thread. So religion on a BLM thread?!!!

Bigotry and intolerance born 'out of love'? No, out of fear, stupidity and misunderstanding.
Regarding darker skinned people, isn't there a lack of knowledge or understanding as to why there are people on the planet with darker coloured skin. Isn't it because their ancestors have spent more time living closer to the equator? And people of colour who move up here, the longer they stay up here the lighter their children's children etc. will become. Indeed there are some quite light skinned people living in Nigeria.

This obviously affects eye colour too. Apparently only 2% of the world has green coloured eyes, 8% blue. I have green eyes.

This isn't taught in schools, this should be on the BBC as well, there should be lectures on this on the BBC.

Regarding darker skinned people, isn't there a lack of knowledge or understanding as to why there are people on the planet with darker coloured skin. Isn't it because their ancestors have spent more time living closer to the equator? And people of colour who move up here, the longer they stay up here the lighter their children's children etc. will become. Indeed there are some quite light skinned people living in Nigeria.

This obviously affects eye colour too. Apparently only 2% of the world has green coloured eyes, 8% blue. I have green eyes.

This isn't taught in schools, this should be on the BBC as well, there should be lectures on this on the BBC.
Interesting you choose to pick 'misunderstanding' and apply it to that. Obviously very few people are ignorant as to why people have different coloured skin. That word applies to other differences between people. Sick with 'bigotry' and 'intolerance' for the racists.

Interesting you choose to pick 'misunderstanding' and apply it to that. Obviously very few people are ignorant as to why people have different coloured skin. That word applies to other differences between people. Sick with 'bigotry' and 'intolerance' for the racists.
I'm not convinced there's more than 1 race.

I'm not convinced there's more than 1 race.

You could say that we're all part of the human race, all residents of the earth, all God's children etc. That way we can ignore different ethnicities, different nations, different genders or all the other identifying features we have. But that only applies if we are all treated equally and that's clearly not the case.

Inflammatory trolling from the egg chaser.
Essentially, that's what seems to be going on. This poster is a relatively recent arrival on the forum. Many of his / her posts - if you read beyond the word association thread - seem to reflect rather unusual views, as if he / she is deliberately looking for bites. Possibly an 'old favourite' who's been turfed off the forum in the past and has subsequently found a way around Malcolm's checks to reappear. All hidden under a fake cloak of religious devotion. Nice try but I'd bet few on here are fooled.

Essentially, that's what seems to be going on. This poster is a relatively recent arrival on the forum. Many of his / her posts - if you read beyond the word association thread - seem to reflect rather unusual views, as if he / she is deliberately looking for bites. Possibly an 'old favourite' who's been turfed off the forum in the past and has subsequently found a way around Malcolm's checks to reappear. All hidden under a fake cloak of religious devotion. Nice try but I'd bet few on here are fooled.
I'm not religious. Different cultures, languages, nations, eye and skin colour exist, I'm just not quite convinced there are different races. I've read that Rosa Parks said there's only one race.

I'm not religious. Different cultures, languages, nations, eye and skin colour exist, I'm just not quite convinced there are different races. I've read that Rosa Parks said there's only one race.

She probably did meaning the human being. The colour of someone’s skin is down to there biological system in their DNA.
Yes people are classed as different races dur to their ethnicity.
Back to Rosa Parks that was her choice to board that bus and she did so to make a stand and fare play to her.

She probably did meaning the human being. The colour of someone’s skin is down to there biological system in their DNA.
Yes people are classed as different races dur to their ethnicity.
Back to Rosa Parks that was her choice to board that bus and she did so to make a stand and fare play to her.
Maybe not the most appropriate thread to make that pun on. Horrible Histories would be proud of that though (y)

why not its part of this thread isnt it or am i missing somthing .

It's part of this thread because you've posted it.

I'm wondering why you think it's relevant or interesting.

It's part of this thread because you've posted it.

I'm wondering why you think it's relevant or interesting.
It's just classic far-right 'what-about-isms' from Yellowsforum's favourite racist!

The thread is about racism towards blacks, and Danny posts a Youtube video of non-whites being racist towards whites, as if that is some sort of justification for whites being racist against blacks. I think that might be what he's alluding to.

yeah-but-no-but-yeah-but-no-but-yeah-but-no.jpg

It's just classic far-right 'what-about-isms' from Yellowsforum's favourite racist!

The thread is about racism towards blacks, and Danny posts a Youtube video of non-whites being racist towards whites, as if that is some sort of justification for whites being racist against blacks. I think that might be what he's alluding to.

yeah-but-no-but-yeah-but-no-but-yeah-but-no.jpg
Thanks for posting this. My thoughts exactly, but you worded them better than I did in three aborted attempts. Danny's frequent mantra is 'it's not only whites who are racist'. We all know this, but no-one but Danny seems keen to make it a cause.

I've been posting on here and TIU for fifteen years. Danny has posted in all that time, originally as 'Danny Cool', if I remember rightly. Danny has always voiced right wing views, which is fair enough provided they don't slip into extremism. These views are often racist but borderline enough for Danny to get away with. I remember he once claimed he couldn't possibly be racist because he knows a black person. I thinks he's tolerated in the same way as decent people feel a certain sympathy for those less fortunate than themselves. That's a possible reason, but not an excuse.

Back
Top Bottom