Championship Birmingham City

Marked Ox

God like member

Blackpool aren't the only team who could get a 12 point deduction after it appears Birmingham have broken financial rules.

Having a player wage bill over twice the total income is a p1sstake. It is not like Birmingham didn't have a warning by the FL after agreeing a business plan with them. Now they are whining, tough I hope they get deducted 12 points.

Also, tough if they can't re-sign any of their out of contract players, that is another consequence of stupid spending.

Can't understand why Bolton aren't facing any sort of sanctions.

That did cross my mind as well but because maybe they haven't breached the £39m allowable losses over 3 years they haven't broken this particular rule. It is only a guess so could be wrong.

Blackpool aren't the only team who could get a 12 point deduction after it appears Birmingham have broken financial rules.

Having a player wage bill over twice the total income is a p1sstake. It is not like Birmingham didn't have a warning by the FL after agreeing a business plan with them. Now they are whining, tough I hope they get deducted 12 points.

Also, tough if they can't re-sign any of their out of contract players, that is another consequence of stupid spending.
Don't disagree with any of this but,
I don't remember Man City being deducted any points when they were found to be in breach of the FFL rules, weren't they able to negotiate a fine instead? Okay, it was £40m odd but even so, just loose change to Sheikh Whatshisname.
The sanctions need to be applied consistently across the board, currently it's one rule for the rich - and make an example of the poor.
T'was ever thus!

I think Bolton are in a worse situation unfortunately, they are in the middle of two winding up petitions that have not yet been rectified and also have a pending lawsuit from FGR about the Christian doidge saga. They'll be lucky to be in our league next season let alone taking a 12 point hit.

Fleetwood are taking the pi55 with their attendances, vs wage bill with their flyboy owner paying rent to himself ...thats a loophole that needs slamming shut

City were charged by UEFA weren't they?
Yes, it was in the period before the UEFA rules had been fully adopted by the Premier League and EFL. At the time, the expected sanction against City was their Champions League status (expulsion or demotion to Europa cup) but it later came out that UEFA had 'negotiated' a settlement with City of £49m. So as it turned out, their penalty for spending too much was.......................spend a bit more.

Yes, it was in the period before the UEFA rules had been fully adopted by the Premier League and EFL. At the time, the expected sanction against City was their Champions League status (expulsion or demotion to Europa cup) but it later came out that UEFA had 'negotiated' a settlement with City of £49m. So as it turned out, their penalty for spending too much was.......................spend a bit more.
It was DoF that did that dirty deal with UEFA - didn't go down well with other clubs who have been caught.

Wasn't it how much of their sponsorship was legit and how much wasn't?

It was DoF that did that dirty deal with UEFA - didn't go down well with other clubs who have been caught.

Wasn't it how much of their sponsorship was legit and how much wasn't?
Yes, the Etihad sponsorsip - a world record deal with an airline that had never turned a profit.
Wasn't the investigation re-opened recently after allegations by Der Spiegel in Germany that most of the money was being paid directly by Sheikh Mansour, not Etihad Airways?

Yes, the Etihad sponsorsip - a world record deal with an airline that had never turned a profit.
Wasn't the investigation re-opened recently after allegations by Der Spiegel in Germany that most of the money was being paid directly by Sheikh Mansour, not Etihad Airways?
I don't recall, but Citeh did say they'd fight it to the nth degree. I believe one of the Spanish clubs was the instigator of the last complaint to UEFA - but of course then ire can be placed towards PSG for their spending.

The problem UEFA have is the threat of clubs doing their own thing and killing the golden goose.

Back
Top Bottom