Ex Player Billy Hamilton’s Board Game

MJB

The ever brilliant Danny Baker produced a one-off special for his Brushing Up series for the last World Cup which was recently repeated on BBC4 and is available to watch on iPlayer.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b045q1dd

In the second half of the show, there’s a segment in which a board game created by Billy Hamilton is featured with the big man explaining it and shots of the NI squad playing it.

Worth a watch and the programme itself is unsurprisingly brilliant. Do watch the other non-football programmes in the series too if you get a chance - very funny stuff.

The ever brilliant Danny Baker produced a one-off special for his Brushing Up series for the last World Cup which was recently repeated on BBC4 and is available to watch on iPlayer.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b045q1dd

In the second half of the show, there’s a segment in which a board game created by Billy Hamilton is featured with the big man explaining it and shots of the NI squad playing it.

Worth a watch and the programme itself is unsurprisingly brilliant. Do watch the other non-football programmes in the series too if you get a chance - very funny stuff.
saw that on BBC 4 earlier this week (first showing? ) ...did mention Billy Hamilton's football academy board game on the World cup moaning thread :cool:

Box n board of Billy H's board game .....pic78201.jpgattic-billy-hamilton-02.jpg

I was recently debating with myself whether the player in the middle of the board is based on Kevin Brock

Perhaps @ESB can organise a big game of this amongst Forum members ahead of the first home pre-season game.

Imagine the amount of squabbling that would take place!

As Billy Hamilton's heyday coincided with my most impressionable years as a young tyke, I naturally assumed that every professional striker's rite of passage was somewhere along the lines of...

Look pretty good in Division 2 ---> transfer to Oxford United ----> promotion to top flight ----> career ending injury ----> release popular board game and make fortune

So imagine my disappointment as my eternal wait for "Buckaroo with Dave Leworthy" or "Billy Whitehurst's Hungry Hippos" continues to this day.

As Billy Hamilton's heyday coincided with my most impressionable years as a young tyke, I naturally assumed that every professional striker's rite of passage was somewhere along the lines of...

Look pretty good in Division 2 ---> transfer to Oxford United ----> promotion to top flight ----> career ending injury ----> release popular board game and make fortune

So imagine my disappointment as my eternal wait for "Buckaroo with Dave Leworthy" or "Billy Whitehurst's Hungry Hippos" continues to this day.

I assume you’ve played “Screwball John Campbell”?

Are you guys brothers?

Had a dog called Bob, don’t recall having a brother of the same name. Now if concrete obeys sit, heal & fetch then maybe he was my old dog. He doesn’t strike me as an obedient type though...

Soccerama board game from late 60 s/70s game was excellent still is if you can get.

Back
Top Bottom