Current Player #11 Billy Bodin

Lets not forget the crooked fingered one, Billy Bowden!

Billy Beechers

Anyway, a strange signing for me. I would think a back-up for Henry? Doesn't really fit the fast winger role that KR is searching for.
But definitely a player with talent and can hit a ball.

So I can only vaguely remember him playing for Rovers - is he likely to be being signed to play on the right side of the front three, do we think, or at the front of the midfield three? Or a bit of both like Henry?

On first glance.....his League One track record - 😄......having played only 44 games in the past four years -😬

I get the theory of signing players who have injury issues, because you often get a better player than can usually afford. But has it actually ever worked out for us?

Billy Bremner. Billy "Big" Bollox. Just remembered Buster Bloodvessel!

So I can only vaguely remember him playing for Rovers - is he likely to be being signed to play on the right side of the front three, do we think, or at the front of the midfield three? Or a bit of both like Henry?

On first glance.....his League One track record - 😄......having played only 44 games in the past four years -😬

I get the theory of signing players who have injury issues, because you often get a better player than can usually afford. But has it actually ever worked out for us?

As somebody else said, Dave Langan, Rob Atkinson. In house, Sam Long and Shandon Baptiste.

As somebody else said, Dave Langan, Rob Atkinson. In house, Sam Long and Shandon Baptiste.

So I'm not sure we can really count in-house sick notes.
And Rob Atkinson played thirty games in the season before he joined us - Bodin has played 25 in the last three seasons combined! I don't think you can say that Atkinson had chronic injury problems in the same way.

So that means we have to go back to Dave Langan for the last time it's actually worked? I renew my 😬

And Rob Atkinson played thirty games in the season before he joined us - Bodin has played 25 in the last three seasons combined! I don't think you can say that Atkinson had chronic injury problems in the same way.

So that means we have to go back to Dave Langan for the last time it's actually worked? I renew my 😬

Why shouldn't in house count? We still pay them a wage and they still are part of the squad. And both had injury problems before signing pro terms.

There will be more but I can't remember off the top of my head.

Last edited:

Arguably Peter Leven?

His number of appearances was always pretty good though tbf.

Back
Top Bottom