Current Player #11 Billy Bodin

I think the more he is playing the better he is becoming and I was thinking on Saturday if he hadn't gone off injected I think he would have scored a hat trick that free kick was abit special

Looks a very decent 10 for the U’s:

FLZ8jyjWYAE6MPp

His left peg is capable of creating work of exquisite beauty. And his composure in attacking positions is through the roof - the first against Gillingham, and the second against Bolton were both great examples of him making the defense look a bit stupid.

He's like Peter Leven, if Leven could actually run (a bit).

The only question (and it's an unfair question, but what the hell) is can he do it on a freezing Tuesday night at Fleetwood?
He comes across as the sort of player that can excel if you build a platform for him.....but he's probably not going to get stuck in and build that platform for himself.

His left peg is capable of creating work of exquisite beauty. And his composure in attacking positions is through the roof - the first against Gillingham, and the second against Bolton were both great examples of him making the defense look a bit stupid.

He's like Peter Leven, if Leven could actually run (a bit).

The only question (and it's an unfair question, but what the hell) is can he do it on a freezing Tuesday night at Fleetwood?
He comes across as the sort of player that can excel if you build a platform for him.....but he's probably not going to get stuck in and build that platform for himself.
We've got Crewe next Tuesday, don't know the weather forecast though

It makes such a difference to have somebody in the side who is seriously good at dead ball delivery. We look so much more dangerous when Bodin plays.
And that's not taking account of his general play which is classy at this level.
He is good as a '10', wide in a 3 upfront and has looked decent in midfield ( I prefer him further forward)
The question is will he play enough games and avoid injuries. He has played 19 games so far this season ( and had some games as an unused substitute )
Some on here may suggest that he is injury prone , but I hope he signs.

It makes such a difference to have somebody in the side who is seriously good at dead ball delivery. We look so much more dangerous when Bodin plays.
And that's not taking account of his general play which is classy at this level.
He is good as a '10', wide in a 3 upfront and has looked decent in midfield ( I prefer him further forward)
The question is will he play enough games and avoid injuries. He has played 19 games so far this season ( and had some games as an unused substitute )
Some on here may suggest that he is injury prone , but I hope he signs.

I would rather sign Bodin and let Henry go, probably will get stick for saying that but they are too similar players and Bodin looks a little better in my opinion.
I would also add that since we've had Brown in the sqaud and his long throws it puts pressure on the other side. One of those will drop to our player soon and it will be a goal. Sign both up !

One thing which impresses me about Bodin is his close control, he can dribble his way out of tight situations and seems able to keep the ball well. Obviously add into that he’s by far our best option on dead ball deliveries, and can pop up with a goal as well, and he’s definitely worth having in the squad even given that he’s not going to be able to start every game or make 30+ appearances.

I’d definitely like him as a number ten/central midfielder in League One next season (presuming that’s where we are).

I was speaking with a Preston director, when we signed Billy, and he said he'd been very unlucky with injuries while at PNE, and would be one of the first names on the team sheet (and getting a new contract) if he'd not had the injuries.

Very good player, I hope he stays.

Here's been here all season and after scoring a late winner in his last game, everyone wants to sign him

Hold on, we have played 40 + games before this hue and cry

Personally squad player at best and would probably release along with Henry
Er 4 goals and 5 assists in his last 12 games.
With regard to his delivery at set pieces people have been saying all along how much better we are with him in the side.
I don't think it is all to do with one goal.

I’ve been really impressed with Bodin when he’s played. As mentioned before his footwork is great, he works pretty hard and his set balls are brilliant.
Very happy for him to be in an around the starting 11 and if not then what an option to have from the bench. Sign him on!

Here's been here all season and after scoring a late winner in his last game, everyone wants to sign him

Hold on, we have played 40 + games before this hue and cry

Personally squad player at best and would probably release along with Henry

Guess you don't go to many games. 19 appearances with 5 goals and 4 assists this season is a better return than Brannagan. Should we release him too?

I would rather sign Bodin and let Henry go, probably will get stick for saying that but they are too similar players and Bodin looks a little better in my opinion.
I would also add that since we've had Brown in the sqaud and his long throws it puts pressure on the other side. One of those will drop to our player soon and it will be a goal. Sign both up !
They're both really classy players who are very skilful and have excellent goal and assist records. Of the two I'd say Henry at his best is more involved in the overall play while Bodin's set pieces are better. I'd love to have them both, fitness and finances allowing.

Yeah Bodin has to stay really. Appreciate he had a slow start and wasn't getting many games, but during that run of starts he's shown that if he's fit, he's a player easily at Championship level.

He may have lost a yard of pace since his Preston days, but still has a lot to offer.

Looks like Sykes will be gone so Henry can stay

Er 4 goals and 5 assists in his last 12 games.
With regard to his delivery at set pieces people have been saying all along how much better we are with him in the side.
I don't think it is all to do with one goal.
Common sense @Foley which seemed to be lacking in the previous posters comment.

Back
Top Bottom