Bill Howlett

Bills leather cap

Yesterday Oxford United lost one of its longest supporters Bill Howlett, my father-in-law. Bill started supporting the club in the 1950s - he worked as a ticket seller on the beech Road turnstile and also as a steward in the early days. From those early days till the present season he held a season ticket, unfortunately due to ill health he never got to use this seasons ticket. Many fellow supporters would see him parked in the disabled bay next to the burger van beside the south/east corner of the ground. He was easily recognised by his favourite leather cap adorned with metal badges of oufc throughout the years.The last conversation I had with Bill I told him all the midweek games went our way and we’re still 5th with which he gave me a big thumbs up. Bills funeral details will be announced in the Oxford Mail when finalised. R I P Bill

Always sad to read of a true supporter going away. Thoughts are with you. Perhaps tomorrow we can spare a moment to celebrate Bills life along with Womble. Silly buggers will be having a beer and watching together as we win again.

Back
Top Bottom