Biggest team to get relegated to the conference

Jerome'SAle

Apart from us obviously

Chesterfield looking like they could go down there this year, who is the "biggest" club ever to suffer the ultimate shame?

Looton Town? Stockport, more for their recent history of Championship football

As much as I hate to admit it, Luton are the biggest side from the FL to go into the non-league. 10 years as a top flight club and a League Cup to their history. I think we’d place second to them.

There are plenty of League stalwarts down there nowadays - Tranmere, Wrexham, Hartlepool etc. However, it’s more concerning seeing familiar faces drop even further. York and Stockport recently and Torquay today who will be visiting Oxford City next year.

Just think what could have happened had we not made the right appointment after Patterson left ...

Yep, Luton followed by us I’d say.

As an aside, happened to pick up an interview with Martin Gray, playing legend here and now managing (unsuccessfully) York City.Everyone’s fault but his. If he is ever in the running for a managerial job here, run like the wind!

As an aside, happened to pick up an interview with Martin Gray, playing legend here and now managing (unsuccessfully) York City.Everyone’s fault but his. If he is ever in the running for a managerial job here, run like the wind!

Yes, apparently he is a bit rubbish.

It’s Luton then us, not really an argument, both played in the top flight and both had won a trophy. The two clubs with the biggest fanbases, the most potential to grow as well.

No comparison with the others named.

Chesterfield were relegated last night. Will they pull a Stockport next season?

Tranmere are a fair size. Probably the biggest grounds of those relegated to the Conference. Although everyone is forgetting Darlington ground which was huge after their move from Feethams

Back
Top Bottom