Bicester

The disparity between what kassam wants for it and what a mortgage co would lend on it could be under the tarmac.
Nope. You’re falling into the trap of thinking that the value in the stadium is as a bricks-and-mortar asset. It isn’t.

The £1m was ridiculous as it even included VAT.
I don't really agree re the Service charge. It is easy to rip off Companies with service charges especially Oufc who have I suspect quite a lot of goodwill from.local tradesmen.
Service charges include management fees, professional fees at al
I worked at a Company where you paid £500 to amend the licence to get a sign put up.
My suspicion is that if the club owned the stadium then the ground would be in a far better state for less money (Just from experience of Kassam like landlords)
I would think IF we ever owned the stadium that the service charge costs would have to increase, it's no good buying the stadium without giving the customers a better match day experience.
All the basic stuff of maintenance and services will have to be paid, but who runs the restaurant and supplies the staff etc match days, do you get an external company in to run that and they make their profit, or do the club try and run it with all the issues that might bring looking at what happens now. New management and staff will cost money to run any of these services, there is a bigger picture than the ground itself.
I wonder what the ST prices would be like then...

I would think IF we ever owned the stadium that the service charge costs would have to increase, it's no good buying the stadium without giving the customers a better match day experience.
All the basic stuff of maintenance and services will have to be paid, but who runs the restaurant and supplies the staff etc match days, do you get an external company in to run that and they make their profit, or do the club try and run it with all the issues that might bring looking at what happens now. New management and staff will cost money to run any of these services, there is a bigger picture than the ground itself.

But surely countered by the profit from the additional revenue streams?

Not re-inventing the wheel here

When you rent a house you are expected to deal with approved contractors for services even though these often cost far more. If you own your own property you have the freedom to shop around and get the best deal.

It'll be no different with owning the stadium and we could end up getting better services cheaper.

We should rent Quarry rec back off the council, just had new changing rooms put up and would cut costs to a minimum.

The stuff you have said is very basic, if the club can’t run concessions at break even minimum then we really are fucked.

Of all the problems the club has the running of stuff we don’t even own yet is pretty minor

But surely countered by the profit from the additional revenue streams?

Not re-inventing the wheel here
Missing the point, we could add in all the pluses then take away all the minuses and still get a negative figure.
Paying off the mortgage/ finance would take a big chunk of money, more than could be raised cutting costs on services.

Missing the point, we could add in all the pluses then take away all the minuses and still get a negative figure.
Paying off the mortgage/ finance would take a big chunk of money, more than could be raised cutting costs on services.
We could all be wiped out by an asteroid or plunged into darkness by a huge Icelandic volcano eruption if you want to dwell on every negative possibility?!

Agree, it's fairly straight forward that if someone buys Oxford United without a ground, they are pretty much committed to losing £1M every year. Alternatively, buy it with the ground (assuming they aren't then putting the ground cost back to the club), and there is a much better chance of not losing (rent saved + additional revenues).

However that does need a buyer to have the capital to buy a ground in the first place.

Nope. You’re falling into the trap of thinking that the value in the stadium is as a bricks-and-mortar asset. It isn’t.

Im trying to make a case that there is value in the stadium because the land it sits on is priceless to us.

No the value is undoubtedly in the land. But its the land that we have a right to play on forever and a day that I dont want to leave. Im just trying to make a case that the stadium which sits on it isnt all bad because I dont want to leave that site.

We should rent Quarry rec back off the council, just had new changing rooms put up and would cut costs to a minimum.

The stuff you have said is very basic, if the club can’t run concessions at break even minimum then we really are fucked.

Of all the problems the club has the running of stuff we don’t even own yet is pretty minor
Minor they might be, but there is not the skill set or manpower to deal with taking on the stadium services at the moment.
We could all be wiped out by an asteroid or plunged into darkness by a huge Icelandic volcano eruption if you want to dwell on every negative possibility?!
It’s called reality, it normally works in business unless you are a dreamer who thinks everything will work out in the end.
As I’ve said until I actually see something concrete to be more optimistic about, that’s after the recent off the pitch shambles, then I might join in but I’m at a lose to see why you are so optimistic after recent events.

Minor they might be, but there is not the skill set or manpower to deal with taking on the stadium services at the moment.

It’s called reality, it normally works in business unless you are a dreamer who thinks everything will work out in the end.
As I’ve said until I actually see something concrete to be more optimistic about, that’s after the recent off the pitch shambles, then I might join in but I’m at a lose to see why you are so optimistic after recent events.

Actually business is just as much about taking risks, speculate to accumulate and all that. Always worrying about "what ifs" get you no where!

And the reason for being optimistic? Why the f*ck not?? Supporting Oxford is all about heart over head, being 2 nil down but winning 3-2, drawing the big boys in the club - and beating them! Reality gives us a below average league 1 team that has spent most of the last 20 years getting beaten by teams who shouldn't have a hope in Hell, signing has beens, might be's, and never-in-a-million-year be's whilst watching players we are linked to going on to have big careers elsewhere!!! Reality is shite, pessimism pointless, so give me hope and optimism every day!!!

Hang on "not the skill set", wasn't Thohir involved in building a stadium for DC United (and that would have involved stadium services)?

Im trying to make a case that there is value in the stadium because the land it sits on is priceless to us.

No the value is undoubtedly in the land. But its the land that we have a right to play on forever and a day that I dont want to leave. Im just trying to make a case that the stadium which sits on it isnt all bad because I dont want to leave that site.
The land is only part of it...

Hang on "not the skill set", wasn't Thohir involved in building a stadium for DC United (and that would have involved stadium services)?
Hang on, how heavily involved is he?
A bit of talk and very little substance at the moment to make any judgement on where things are going to go..

Actually business is just as much about taking risks, speculate to accumulate and all that. Always worrying about "what ifs" get you no where!

And the reason for being optimistic? Why the f*ck not?? Supporting Oxford is all about heart over head, being 2 nil down but winning 3-2, drawing the big boys in the club - and beating them! Reality gives us a below average league 1 team that has spent most of the last 20 years getting beaten by teams who shouldn't have a hope in Hell, signing has beens, might be's, and never-in-a-million-year be's whilst watching players we are linked to going on to have big careers elsewhere!!! Reality is shite, pessimism pointless, so give me hope and optimism every day!!!
I will wait until I see the colour of the money before I go tripping out.

Is he 'Bob the Builder' in disguise?

This is, to my mind, a bit like one of them medieval discussions where the protagonists get all hot and sweaty about what the furniture in heaven will be like.

They could form The Delusional Duo, or what?

Scotch on his high horse and May tapping her ocarina, their rendering of 'Things can only get better" is sure to top the hit parade.

The land is only part of it...

Haha very good now were getting somewhere please may you tell us Myles if possible where the real value of the site lays. Its not the peckam spring that runs behind the north stand is it.

Is he 'Bob the Builder' in disguise?

This is, to my mind, a bit like one of them medieval discussions where the protagonists get all hot and sweaty about what the furniture in heaven will be like.

Full of poufs apparently

I imagine

Back
Top Bottom