Bicester

What is going on that could put the existence of the club at risk? The answer is you simply haven't a clue. So whilst you make up the idea that we're doomed, I'll make up the idea that we are on the brink of massive investment and our own stadium. Both are made up, but you're the one who is stressing whilst I'm settling down to watch Gremlins!!!!
Oh I hope you are right, but you are sounding like a person you used to berate for his fanciful dream of a stadium, so don’t be surprised of people’s skepticism of your fanciful dreams with no information in the public arena to back up your dreams.

Could OxVox confirm or deny that one of the ‘5 sites’ is Bicester?

I have it from a reliable source (and hugely respected by our fan base by and large, btw) that the money and will is there from Bicester Village to build a new stadium.

This could be Tiger’s plan. And possibly explains the arrival of the new board members.

It is, however, not without significant issues.

If the club were to move outside the city boundary - which Bicester is I believe - then the team named Oxford United would require ratification from the Football League to play there.

A team with a different name could play there.

If you think this scenario sounds familiar to the Wimbledon-MK Dons situation you would be not far wrong.

There are many miles on the road ahead and plenty of potholes.

But everyone should be aware that there is a danger, no matter how small, that Tiger et al want our FL place and a shiny stadium in Bicester to house (insert chronic franchise name here).

I would hope OxVox add this question to their lengthening list. Indeed, any site outside the boundary has issues.

So once again, our investigative journalist gets it wrong!!! Well done Hawky!!!

So 're the whole Bicester thing for the opening poster and respected supporter ,(Stewart?)
1. Is the club lying?
2. Was the club in discussions but have now discounted this as an option
3. Were these just rumours and mischief?

I am assuming that if it is 2 above the discussions were at a very very preliminary stage?

So 're the whole Bicester thing for the opening poster and respected supporter ,(Stewart?)
1. Is the club lying?
2. Was the club in discussions but have now discounted this as an option
3. Were these just rumours and mischief?

I am assuming that if it is 2 above the discussions were at a very very preliminary stage?
I would suggest that the whole subject of us having to become a franchise shows that it was definitely put out to cause mischief.

The question would be why?

Back
Top Bottom