General Best way to get from stadium to Oxford station post game?

Camberwell_yellow

A mate and I are coming to Burton and then need to get the train back to London.
Last time I tried to get the bus it was a bit of a nightmare, they were all full and didn't manage to get one for ages.

Is there a better way? Maybe a taxi from bullnose?

All advice welcome!

A mate and I are coming to Burton and then need to get the train back to London.
Last time I tried to get the bus it was a bit of a nightmare, they were all full and didn't manage to get one for ages.

All advice welcome!
If you can find your way through Littlemore to Rose Hill (twenty minute walk), getting a bus to town down the Iffley Road is pretty quick and gets you away from the crowds.

All advice welcome!
I'd probably pre book a taxi from the blackbird for anytime after 5pm and just walk down there after the game

A few people I know who do this regularly get the 3A from the Westgate. It stops outside the Kass.

You can also consider getting the train to Oxford Parkway and then getting the football special bus which picks up at the bus stop just outside. I come to and from London and this is how I do it.

If you are going to BBL, there are two sets of bus stops on Pegasus Road so you could go past the first one with the long queue and onto the second one.

Or stop at the Blackbird for half an hour and then get a bus from outside. Takes around thirty minutes to get back to the station and trains to London Paddington go regularly

All advice welcome!
bullnose is boarded up ... and Watlington road is usually gridlocked for a while post match

as mentioned above ^ if you're getting a cab to the station , book one for 5.05pm from the Blackbird

Best to go somewhere for a pint then get the bus or a taxi 5:45ish book a taxi for 5 and you'll just sit in traffic watching the meter going. Plenty of trains back to Paddington and Marylebone

If you are going to BBL, there are two sets of bus stops on Pegasus Road so you could go past the first one with the long queue and onto the second one.

Or stop at the Blackbird for half an hour and then get a bus from outside. Takes around thirty minutes to get back to the station and trains to London Paddington go regularly

Every half an hour direct.. ‘02’ ‘32

Best bet Is a taxi from the Blackbird that’s how we always do it before and after the game.

If you are the cycling type and have bikes then taking them on the train and cycling is how I always did it when I lived in south London, way less stressful than buses or taxis, and great way to get to a game if it's nice and sunny. London side a good chunk of the cycle is through Hyde Park to padders or Marylebone, and Oxford side you can just cruise along the tow path from Folly Bridge to Iffley Lock or Sandford lock, depending on your pre-match pub. You save a ton of money, and avoid essentially all football traffic, highly recommend

Back
Top Bottom