Best pub to drink in Walsall

Yes it was April 84 I believe, and highlights on Central. Boxing Day was the Richard Hill 5-1 jobby....

back to the subject of the thread ...taken from groundguide website -

PUBS FOR AWAY FANS
This is the Saddlers Club situated just outside the stadium that is happy to admit away supporters on matchdays on payment of a £2 entrance fee, although under 16's are admitted free. The Club has two rooms, a smaller one at the front which is for home supporters and a larger function room at the back, which is for away fans. This area has seating for 300, has a large screen showing Sky Sports news, has food on offer, such as pies & burgers plus they offered real ale (on my last visit this was Wychwood Hobgoblin). Overall, I was very impressed with the facilities, but as you would expect if there is a large away following it can get full pretty quickly.

Otherwise, the nearest pub to the ground is the King George V on Wallowes Lane. It is okay, but again understandably busy which can make it a bit difficult to get served quickly. It is about a 15 minute walk away, opposite the Morrisons Supermarket. If you are walking from the stadium, go out of the official car parks and down towards McDonalds. Go past McDonalds on your right and take a left hand turn into Wallowes Lane. At the end of the lane turn left onto the main road and the pub is just setback on the left. Away fans though should avoid the Fulbrook pub near to the ground. Otherwise after many years of opting not to sell alcohol to away supporters inside the stadium, the Club now serve beer to away fans!

Back
Top Bottom