General Best place to live in Oxfordshire?

Good to hear you are back on the road with the house hunting ML.
I lived in grove back in the mid eighties, hated it and came back to Cowley every weekend, not sure you could do Grenoble road in the time you said.

It will be better than 90 minutes but I would day that 20 minutes to Grenoble Road is extremely optimistic! (You'd need to double that, at least, for an evening game)

It is a bit of an odd place as a trip to the aforementioned Co-op will illustrate. Perhaps the worst service of any shop I have been in as well.

Property flooding may not be an issue but the roads really do flood very quickly and can be utterly impassable.
A local shop for local people?

Has covid-19 affected prices at all, as we looking to help daughter with first time purchase in Bournemouth

Has covid-19 affected prices at all, as we looking to help daughter with first time purchase in Bournemouth

I reckon it will be a bit early for any financial implications to filter through. People are still getting furlough money and sadly we don't know how many will lose their jobs when that ends.

Had a phone call this morning from the developer's sales manager and, the house is ours. Need to pay a reservation fee and later on the deposit but, we have got a house in Stanford in the Vale.
The Loungers are moving back to the Shire!
welcome home to the glorious shire Manorloungers

Had a phone call this morning from the developer's sales manager and, the house is ours. Need to pay a reservation fee and later on the deposit but, we have got a house in Stanford in the Vale.
The Loungers are moving back to the Shire!

It seems jejune of you to buy your dream house then drive prices down in the area with this post.

I suppose the question is how much will Covid-19 affect employment in Oxfordshire, and therefore what people can afford, where large numbers are employed in the NHS, IT, the sciences, local government? Clearly there will be job losses that will be devastating for the individuals and their families but these won't have the kind of impact on our local economy and therefore house prices as the job losses at Rolls Royce will have on house prices in the Derby area.

Initially it has been mooted that prices will fall, however, there needs to be buyers for there to be a market. As we are also selling a property we have been disappointed with the interest shown since the market opened up again. Estate agent is saying that they have had more sellers than buyers coming forward.
This may mean that you could drive a hard bargain when it comes to buying. Bournemouth is very mixed in what comes to market. Further away from the front and the sea, the prices drop but are affected by the university and other colleges looking for student accommodation.
I guess what I am saying is that it is almost impossible to tell. All taken on an individual basis and also how good you are at driving a hard bargain.
Will be selling a property in Bournemouth later, not interested in a two bed apartment in Westbourne are you? Near the sea front in a much sought after area. ;)

It seems jejune of you to buy your dream house then drive prices down in the area with this post.
I do believe that values will increase, dear boy; the developer was quite excited. The mere fact that they hadn't shifted this particular property for months is entirely irrelevant.
However, we're still looking for somewhere for the servants; they just don't build proper "downstairs" anymore.

I do believe that values will increase, dear boy; the developer was quite excited. The mere fact that they hadn't shifted this particular property for months is entirely irrelevant.
However, we're still looking for somewhere for the servants; ; they just don't build proper "downstairs" anymore.

send em up to Waylands Smithy ;)

Initially it has been mooted that prices will fall, however, there needs to be buyers for there to be a market. As we are also selling a property we have been disappointed with the interest shown since the market opened up again. Estate agent is saying that they have had more sellers than buyers coming forward.
This may mean that you could drive a hard bargain when it comes to buying. Bournemouth is very mixed in what comes to market. Further away from the front and the sea, the prices drop but are affected by the university and other colleges looking for student accommodation.
I guess what I am saying is that it is almost impossible to tell. All taken on an individual basis and also how good you are at driving a hard bargain.
Will be selling a property in Bournemouth later, not interested in a two bed apartment in Westbourne are you? Near the sea front in a much sought after area. ;)

However, we're still looking for somewhere for the servants; they just don't build proper "downstairs" anymore.

I trust you with your deep pockets and with Mrs loungers big purse,

you haven’t furloughed your staff

Back
Top Bottom