General Best place to live in Oxfordshire?

don’t come to Wantage/Grove, nearest train station is Didcot and it’s a right ball-ache for away days [emoji849]

don’t come to Wantage/Grove, nearest train station is Didcot and it’s a right ball-ache for away days [emoji849]
I bought my first house in grove, hated the place.

@Manorlounger if you want somewhere handy for the stadium, rural but near oxford as well....how about the mobile home park. sorted ?

Manorlounger, have you thought of finding a plot of land and building a self build or kit build house? Or is this too much hassle?

If you are planing on this being your last move, I would suggest that you prioritise Hospital/health centre, transport, social clubs, security, and of course distance to the New Stadium (hopefully you will know where it is being built before you decide) good luck, exciting times, happy retirement. ?

We plan on visiting most places along the A34 corridor and potentially some on the Thames corridor (watching out for flooding!)
I'm fortunate in having visited most of Oxfordshire but all so long ago that memories are a bit vague!

I live a stone throw away from the Thames. River has never got any near us and if it did half of Abingdon would be under water too. If I was looking at moving again I would look at Kennington, Radley, clifton hamden, Culham. If your after a new build Red row are building in Kennington and they are decent built properties. As always there will always be faults with new builds, I work for a big housing association that have a lot of new builds in Oxfordshire so I can spot the faults more than the usual Joe public. Give us a shout if you are buying new I will come snag (fault find) for free. ?

That’s a funny one the Fox, it closed a few months ago for a refurbishment and re-opened as a gastro pub but closed a few weeks later, no reason given.

How long you lived in Steventon Baz? I used to spend a lot of time there in my youth. Used to see a girl there in my teens

Lived here since 2014 nice village

Drove through it the other week couldn’t believe the amount of building sites there were. Except the Hanney road. I swear even the pot holes were as I remembered them back in the 80’s

Drove through it the other week couldn’t believe the amount of building sites there were. Except the Hanney road. I swear even the pot holes were as I remembered them back in the 80’s
I live on the Hanney road Was in Pompey in the late 70’s and 80’s Royal Navy

I live a stone throw away from the Thames. River has never got any near us and if it did half of Abingdon would be under water too. If I was looking at moving again I would look at Kennington, Radley, clifton hamden, Culham. If your after a new build Red row are building in Kennington and they are decent built properties. As always there will always be faults with new builds, I work for a big housing association that have a lot of new builds in Oxfordshire so I can spot the faults more than the usual Joe public. Give us a shout if you are buying new I will come snag (fault find) for free. ?

If Manorlounger likes being a NIMBY then Clifton Hampden or Culham is perfect.

Very kind offer, one we will keep in mind, thank you.

Back
Top Bottom