Ben Woodburn

Thought he should have gone to Championship last season. Guess that is how high Klopp regarded him as he felt he may be needed.

Had a poor spell at Sheff United last season, been involved with Liverpool pres season though

He was in the championship with Sheffield United...
Was that Jan window?

Mind Wilder has not been known for bringing playing youth unless he has had no choice. Does not fit the Wilder type of player.

Was spoken about back in May I believe. Definitely someone who has a point to prove and could be great at this level.

Initially impressive, been a big name at Liverpool in terms of one with lots of potential. Now 19 and not quite fulfilled it and their fans say he's really declined. Went on loan to Sheff United but 8 apps and 0 goals then got an unfortunate injury.

League One loan would be a good next step and pressures on for him to start performing, so would be a good player to bring in. Also can't see us paying much in wages, I mean what difference would it makes to a club like Liverpool anyway?!

Would be pleased with the signing, but I hope we'd try and bring in another more experienced striker with him, we can't pin that much pressure on the lads shoulders

Appears to play in the number 10 role. Can anyone confirm?

Surely we'll have to wait and see how he does before oohhing too much? You'd think he wouldn't be the only striker we signed though, so maybe there is another more experienced one on the way?

Irrespective of anything else, you’d think that this is a signing that would help get others over the line

Irrespective of anything else, you’d think that this is a signing that would help get others over the line
Um....I hope everyone's optimism is repaid but this is a 19 year old who had an injury issue last year with 19 competitive career appearances to his name over three seasons and one (yes one!) goal to his name.

I'd say, from watching Liverpool a bit, he's like an old-fashioned inside left. However, he hasn't really kicked on because I don't think he's found his best position yet. When he was making his debut for Liverpool (and scoring in it), he was touted as an out-and-out striker. Then he went to being a left-sided right-footed winger/wide forward, and then to the left-sided CM in a 4-3-3 and then back to being a wide forward again.

If he can find a position that suits him and get a regular berth in the first team side, then we could have a player on our hands.

Last edited:
Surely we'll have to wait and see how he does before oohhing too much? You'd think he wouldn't be the only striker we signed though, so maybe there is another more experienced one on the way?

You could say that about any signing though? Unarguable that he’s got quality, and a decent level of player to be getting on loan - top premiership side, full international etc

Um....I hope everyone's optimism is repaid but this is a 19 year old who had an injury issue last year with 19 competitive career appearances to his name over three seasons and one (yes one!) goal to his name.

We had this nonsense with Sinclair. It's hard for footballers to score goals if they aren't given game time at a suitable level to prove it.

And also he's scored 2 goals (yes two!) for the Wales national side. Not bad for a teenager.

Back
Top Bottom