Ben Woodburn

Panic seems to be settling down.......only 3 days to gell then........... definately cheered me up anyway....and the rumoured other signings????? fingers crossed

Woodburn has bags of talent but he isn’t an out and out striker. No way will he get loads of goals. More like a no.10 which is great for us but people should not expect him to be prolific. Better to judge him on assists and key passes. I’d hope we’ll sign an out and out striker soon preferably on a permanent

Welcome and good luck! Shake off the memories of Chimpy at the Blades!

Freakin' hell, I can't believe anyone is knocking this signing because he's not a 'proven 20 goal League One scorer'.

News flash - those players are extremely rare, and usually pretty damn hard to come by for a club at our level as they tend to move up the pyramid.
There were only five of them last year - only one moved in the summer, and he moved up to the Championship.

What actually happens is that savvy clubs take chances on talented players that haven't made it elsewhere, and hit paydirt.

John Marquis? He'd failed to make it at Millwall, and been out on loan seven times in three years before Doncaster took a chance on him
Tom Eaves? Lower league journeyman who'd scored 4 in 40 for League Two Yeovil the year before Gillingham gave him a shot
Lyle Taylor? Was bouncing around non-league, League Two and Scotland before he found an opportunity at AFCW

Now I'm not saying that Woodburn is a guaranteed success. But his pedigree is phenomenal - he's played ten times for Wales as a teenager! He could be the player we need.....or he could struggle to cope with the physicality at League One level.

But I for one am really excited to see what he can do. Nice job, Karl.

This is a very impressive signing, fair play to KR for using his LFC connections. Looks like CB & CF imminent as well.......we can all breathe a bit easier!

Woodburn has bags of talent but he isn’t an out and out striker. No way will he get loads of goals. More like a no.10 which is great for us but people should not expect him to be prolific. Better to judge him on assists and key passes. I’d hope we’ll sign an out and out striker soon preferably on a permanent
Really?
You could easily have said the same originally about Roofe who often played wide and McAleny who played as a number 10.
At this level he could easily be prolific.

Its a difficult one to tell whether it's an upgrade until he plays. Potentially (albeit on loan) we have a player on our books who if he plays well and starts fulfilling his potential will be valued at quadruple what Whyte is valued at. Then again he might struggle and then out to be another Jerome Sinclair and just fade through the leagues. Let's hope it's the former.

Yes get in there! ???? we signed a player.
Feels like we just scored a goal!
If any of you moaning old farts say he’s only on loan. I’m sending the boys round!
Welcome young man.

Back
Top Bottom