Ben Woodburn

Um....I hope everyone's optimism is repaid but this is a 19 year old who had an injury issue last year with 19 competitive career appearances to his name over three seasons and one (yes one!) goal to his name.
That's a bit critical. You said it there though, he is just 19.........to be a 19 year old and break into Liverpool's team would take one exceptional player. The fact that he has been on the cusp of the first team and playing/scoring for Wales as a 17 year old, speaks volume of his potential.

Now this is the perfect opportunity for him to make the next step. Any other Prem team apart from a couple at the top, he would probably have got many more games.

This guy could be better than any loan player that has played for us before.

Happy with Woodburn for sure. Let's hope he is a regular in the team. It's one of those where if he does well, he'll be off to a championship team (or a Sunderland) in January, you'd expect.

Happy with Woodburn for sure. Let's hope he is a regular in the team. It's one of those where if he does well, he'll be off to a championship team (or a Sunderland) in January, you'd expect.

From the way I've seen Liverpool do loans, I'd be very surprised if that were the case. They prefer to send players out with a keen eye on stable development, and shifting players between clubs and divisions isn't something Liverpool do unless a loan isn't working.

Woodburn and a permanent striker would give us options up top, who would have thought it.., let’s keep everything crossed we get this and the other deals we need over the line!!

Blimey! Oufc about to sign a player (on loan)? Whodve thought it ?....seems he could be a half decent player

Reminds me of the sort of goal McAleny used to knock in for us. It’s an intriguing signing to say the least but I can’t help wondering where we win in this. He’ll either be another Sam Smith or he’ll score goals and play well and so be gone in January - either back in Liverpool’s first team fold or up to a Championship club for the remainder of the season to step up his development.

Reminds me of the sort of goal McAleny used to knock in for us. It’s an intriguing signing to say the least but I can’t help wondering where we win in this. He’ll either be another Sam Smith or he’ll score goals and play well and so be gone in January - either back in Liverpool’s first team fold or up to a Championship club for the remainder of the season to step up his development.

He won’t be like Sam Smith. If doing well I think he will stay, look at Herbie Kane for example last season.

The biggest point is where in the team he fits

Um....I hope everyone's optimism is repaid but this is a 19 year old who had an injury issue last year with 19 competitive career appearances to his name over three seasons and one (yes one!) goal to his name.

It’s a coup. Irrespective of what happens have a look at social media and see the reaction of fans around the country, everyone pretty baffled that he is coming here. So you’d think those players that are yet to commit may be impressed too.

At this stage even a striker until January is better than none

With Tigers moth filled wallet, beggars cant be choosers!

I (and many others) went all out and said that Garbutt was far above our level and it was a real coup to get him in, and that didn't really work out.
Certainly one with massive potential, seem to remember everyone raving about him two years back.
What I will say is (if this happens), he seems a confidence player and it will take a while for him to find his best position and gain an understanding with the rest of the team...I do hope the usual suspects don't get on his back from day one, the start of the season is still going to be a tough one.

Barnsley off-field staff been tasked with finding the Melwood direct phone line as a priority this morning no doubt?

Obviously a real talent. Could do a Defoe (those who remember him on loan at Bournemouth from WHU) and score loads or could do a Tyler Roberts (for us) and just be a season to early in terms of men’s football and his development. For sure worth a punt and one I would be intrigued to watch and see how he gets on...

If it happens, a deal that will have been in the offing for some time and a heck of a signing. Because we not only play young players but support them too, this is why clubs are comfortable letting their players come to us. It won't have gone unnoticed the progress Browne/Whyte made last season, nor Roofe earlier.

I'd be very pleased if the deal goes through - big chance for the kid to get some game time and live away from Liverpool, and for OUFC to get their hands on another young talent.

Back
Top Bottom