Ben Woodburn

Extract from an article about Magnus Carlsen ...
"
Like many of his fellow Norwegians, the chess genius Magnus Carlsen is obsessed by the Premier League. But this season he has put his obsession to the test, entering Fantasy Premier League, the biggest iteration of the fantasy game in the world. And after this weekend’s fixtures, he stands sixth in the table. That’s sixth out of more than six million players. This is a man who clearly knows when to replace his hapless centreback.

The connection between chess and football is not as unlikely as you might think. Last year, Carlsen played an exhibition match against Liverpool’s Trent Alexander-Arnold . The Premier League’s assist machine is a keen chess player, in the past wiling away the down time on European away trips by taking on Ben Woodburn, his fellow Melwood Academy graduate. Since Woodburn went out on loan to Oxford United, Alexander Arnold has taken to his computer for opposition."
I've seen the game between Carlsen and Alexander-Arnold and it is difficult to say if AA has any real chess talent. His first few moves were random to say the least........

I've seen the game between Carlsen and Alexander-Arnold and it is difficult to say if AA has any real chess talent. His first few moves were random to say the least........

After reading your post, and checking out the game online - I'm confident that I would have beaten TAA. And I haven't played chess in a decade, and was thoroughly mediocre then!

Woodburn may be back and available a week today V Wycombe

BBC oxford sport Twitter this morning.
Out to Feb/March.
Liverpool to pay his wages, leaving more in our kitty for possible loan replacement.

Bloody hell, what a season for injuries, bet we top that league by a country mile.
Typically ainsworth puts their good season down to a lack of them.

It is true I’m afraid. I read it on a news site published two hours ago. It says it’s a carbon copy of what happened before. Ben is expected to be out and Liverpool will pay his wages whilst he recovers. Its expected he will be available for the run in at the end of the season

Bloody hell, essential now that we hold onto our other midfielders or get someone decent in January

Back
Top Bottom