Beer in your seat??

The ban doesnt stop people being pissed up at the match anyway though does it, so whats the point in it?

current ground regulations ( OUFC- though theyre standard in England & Wales).... regulation 17 covers alcohol sales , consumption and effects of alcohol *

https://www.oufc.co.uk/club/information/

* Cheltenham stewards were/ still are? notoriously subjective on how they decide if someone ( visiting supporters invariably) is 'drunk'
as a number of travelling OUFC supporters have found out first hand

I can get by without a beer for a couple of hours.

Well done you!

What about all those poor souls who haven't been able to watch a football match since 1989 as they can't get by without a beer for a couple of hours?

Having been to a few cricket matches where beer is allowed, the constant having to get up to let people get past, and with football being a faster moving game this will spoil the view from the stands, they could always set up as cricket do live screening of the game under the stands will they serve beer in the match time.

Anyway why is this being discussed on this thread, all it means is more money in FK’s pocket.

For me, the fact that football supporters are subjected to restrictions not applied to supporters/spectators of any other spectatator sport is what requires changes. Its the assumption that ONLY football supporters will cause all manner of incidents if alcohol is available during a match, unlike Rugby, Cricket, Horse/ dog racing etc

Personally, the limited choice of overpriced swill, badly kept beer , lager etc at the breeze block, isnt anything Id be tempted to buy.... nonetheless the principle that football supporters are 3rd class citezens compared to supporters of other spectator sports is both outdated and quite simply wrong.
The choice to have a drink while watching a match ( which is positively encouraged at Court Place Farm- presumably as 'City are playing at non league level ?) should an adult prefer to is currently, still, WRONGLY IMO not open to supporters of EFL or Premiership football supporters watching a match live,& in person. Invariably it costs £20+ to watch a football match at (E)Football league, or above, level and to be viewed as an individual who cant be trusted with an alcoholic drink during a match taking place. That simply isnt right IMO

For me, the fact that football supporters are subjected to restrictions not applied to supporters/spectators of any other spectatator sport is what requires changes. Its the assumption that ONLY football supporters will cause all manner of incidents if alcohol is available during a match, unlike Rugby, Cricket, Horse/ dog racing etc

Personally, the limited choice of overpriced swill, badly kept beer , lager etc at the breeze block, isnt anything Id be tempted to buy.... nonetheless the principle that football supporters are 3rd class citezens compared to supporters of other spectator sports is both outdated and quite simply wrong.
The choice to have a drink while watching a match ( which is positively encouraged at Court Place Farm- presumably as 'City are playing at non league level ?) should an adult prefer to is currently, still, WRONGLY IMO not open to supporters of EFL or Premiership football supporters watching a match live,& in person. Invariably it costs £20+ to watch a football match at (E)Football league, or above, level and to be viewed as an individual who cant be trusted with an alcoholic drink during a match taking place. That simply isnt right IMO
Go watch Surrey play a 20/20 game at night, plenty of pissed up idiots doing far more than you see in any football stadium

Anyway why is this being discussed on this thread, all it means is more money in FK’s pocket.
Principle of football supporters being treated differently to other spectator sports is important @LondonRoader ..... Im 100% with you regarding lining our tax exiled slum landlords pockets, I (out of principle) will not buy 'refreshments' from inside the breeze block, havent for many many seasons, and will continue not too for as long as the Monaco based hotelier/ slum landlord continues to shaft OUFC & owns the breeze block either

100% this!

Go watch Surrey play a 20/20 game at night, plenty of pissed up idiots doing far more than you see in any football stadium
seen a couple of 20/20s in Somerset (Taunton) .... yep I agree, can get a bit rowdy...though the spectators are fired up by yank type 'cheerleading'/ sing alongs everytime anything of note happens at 20/20 cricket matches

its legally fine apparently for other spectator sport supporters to drink during matches, ...but, as it still stands, NOT football supporters. Totally wrong, its not a crime to watch football, why are football supporters assumed to be criminals if they get a sniff of the barmaids apron? Its not right IMO

If Men could collectively drink in normal moderation, I'd fully support it. I do think that the regulations could be relaxed a little so that those in exec boxes can drink and watch games, and concourse bars can serve alcohol for longer. But in the stands, no thanks.

I should imagine it’s only the people in the boxes who can afford to drink all game at Kassam prices anyway.

If someone wants to get drunk at a game but doesn’t break the law/ruin it for others, which there are laws banning that already, then I don’t see how others can be so stuck up about it.

It’s easy to get absolutely legless beforehand anyhow, being able to have a couple during the game won’t affect that, you don’t sober in two hours, so I can’t see this being the Armageddon some imagine.

If you really want to drink during a game now I am certain you could sneak some in with a bit of thought, it ain’t rocket science.

I should imagine it’s only the people in the boxes who can afford to drink all game at Kassam prices anyway.

If someone wants to get drunk at a game but doesn’t break the law/ruin it for others, which there are laws banning that already, then I don’t see how others can be so stuck up about it.

It’s easy to get absolutely legless beforehand anyhow, being able to have a couple during the game won’t affect that, you don’t sober in two hours, so I can’t see this being the Armageddon some imagine.

If you really want to drink during a game now I am certain you could sneak some in with a bit of thought, it ain’t rocket science.
It will if they start throwing it over other people.

Have you ever been to an away game ? Unless you live within oxford city limits , every home or away game has transport costs and then the day out on top.

It will if they start throwing it over other people.

f**k me they ain’t even bought a pint yet and you have them throwing it away.

On one hand you have people calling anyone who fancies a pint at a game an alkie and on the other you have people saying they are going to throw it all over people, worst alcoholics in the world.

f**k me they ain’t even bought a pint yet and you have them throwing it away.

On one hand you have people calling anyone who fancies a pint at a game an alkie and on the other you have people saying they are going to throw it all over people, worst alcoholics in the world.
My concern is those who cannot drink in moderation and will see it an elongated sesh - those who often fail to appreciate their own behaviour,.

Try and explain to some 6 and 7 year old Oxford fans about why men are puking their guts up on concourses or when you see few coming out of a toilet cubicle giggling, etc, and you can understand my reticence to just let the barriers down. Football is for all age groups, and while it must not be sanitised, there has to be a level of sense applied to drinking on terraces. Which is what people are asking for.

Fairly often being rewarded, in this case by something you enjoy being allowed, can lead to improvements in behaviour.
Its fairly safe to say the days of the 70s/80s are pretty much dead & buried with the occasional flare up that comes to little in comparison.
Being treated the same as those who go to the rugby,cricket, racing etc isn`t much to ask really.

Is it a reasonable to compare the potential alcohol-consuming fans in the stands to the alcohol-consuming fans gathered at the big screen events at the last world cup?

Goal !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom