Beer in your seat??

Its a nice idea and works great at the Rugby and cricket.

Would need a complete culture change though for the "legend Garys" and brain donors for whom the 90 minutes is merely a small pause in their all day sesh..

I prefer not having people drinking while the match is going on. I find it distracting,plus it was clear from Saturday that we still have some pathetic A*****e fans who want to cause trouble like it’s still the 70s.

You being distracted by other people's beverage consumption is surely your problem and nobody else's!

Are you ever distracted by coffee consumption? Bovril?

It is, and presumably will remain, an offence to be drunk* in a sporting arena.

*whatever that means, can't find a formal definition

There are times when people have been on a sesh that their banter and such becomes incredibly tiring to all but a few. To be fair, some of the funniest sights at football has been seeing men struggle to walk up and down steps because of the legal and illegal substances they've consumed. But no one should be that incapable at 3pm on a Saturday

The issue with the authorities would be controlling the amount of booze people take in and managing those who've had too much, and the potential increase in stewarding costs. The binge factor would have to be looked at very carefully.

I went to a rugby match earlier this year 'shudder' and it was f*****g annoying having people constantly trying to get past you so that they could go get more beers. I'm not even in to rugby and I felt like I was the only one watching the match. I like a beer on matchdays, but I'm happy to restrict the drinking to either before or after the match itself.

So........ South Stand only?? :D:D

You can get a pitcher of your ale of choice at Tigers....... lasts the whole game unless you share. (y)

You being distracted by other people's beverage consumption is surely your problem and nobody else's!

Are you ever distracted by coffee consumption? Bovril?

It is, and presumably will remain, an offence to be drunk* in a sporting arena.

*whatever that means, can't find a formal definition
It’s the people trooping in and out to get more beer or have a slash that annoy me. Mind you I don’t really like people eating and drinking next to me in the cinema, I wouldn’t say I’m tolerant

It’s the people trooping in and out to get more beer or have a slash that annoy me. Mind you I don’t really like people eating and drinking next to me in the cinema, I wouldn’t say I’m tolerant

As long as you're consistently carmudgeonly that's fine by me!

There are times when people have been on a sesh that their banter and such becomes incredibly tiring to all but a few. To be fair, some of the funniest sights at football has been seeing men struggle to walk up and down steps because of the legal and illegal substances they've consumed. But no one should be that incapable at 3pm on a Saturday

The issue with the authorities would be controlling the amount of booze people take in and managing those who've had too much, and the potential increase in stewarding costs. The binge factor would have to be looked at very carefully.

Some people at football don't need alcohol for their banter to be tiring. :(

I can`t believe nobody picked up on this??
https://talksport.com/football/efl/436860/alcohol-football-efl-clubs-stadium-ban-scrapped/

Long overdue or the match to re-ignite "issues"?

Discuss. :)
additional overview from FSF on the subject ......

The Football Supporters' Federation

Yesterday at 11:06 ·
The alcohol restrictions in football are in the news again as a number of EFL clubs are pushing for a relaxation in the law.
Our caseworker Amanda Jacks told Talksport: “When the laws were drafted they were a knee-jerk reaction to problems at the time. Nobody thought them through properly and certainly didn’t foresee that in 2018 we would be talking about football fans being singled out from the rest of society.”

that would surely mean an end to "Safe Standing" being brought back, all those wet legs etc again :)

Surely it would be take a drink in prior to kick off and start of second half not all through the game?

Bristol Rovers were hoping to serve alcohol to away fans last week, but the police soon put a stop to it.
https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/news/bristol-news/bristol-rovers-plan-extend-alcohol-2134074

Some of the rules are ridiculous, such as not being able to have a beer in the yellow hatchings in the concourse at Plymouth because you can see the pitch. Also the rule of the concourses not serving alcohol until the half time whistle, and then not being able to take a half full PTFE bottle back into the stand.

It does all seem a bit ridiculous, there is plenty of time to drink before and after the game. Perhaps allow the exec boxes to serve alcohol? Or allow PTFE bottles in the stands? The thought of people staggering around spilling pints in the stand perhaps not, particularly if there's a goal etc and the ubiquitous "Eng-er-land" fans habit of then throwing beer everywhere.

Eventually it will change, as will not being able to stand, as in these pc times treating one group such as football fans differently than other sports fans won’t hold up, it’s just a matter of time.

Not had a proper sesh at a game since Easter Friday home to whoever we played so it’s not a regular thing for me now, but I can’t begrudge someone else enjoying themselves. Personally I always enjoyed the break from boozing though (or just binned off the game if I was desperate for another), gave you time to recover before starting again.

The views on here are a bit miserable though, I can imagine you lot are a barrel of laughs socially.

• React
Reactions: m
that would surely mean an end to "Safe Standing" being brought back, all those wet legs etc again :)

Surely it would be take a drink in prior to kick off and start of second half not all through the game?

Yeah, that would be my solution. No need to have the 'bar' open any time other than it already is.

Back
Top Bottom