Beatles- Get Back. A new film preview by Peter Jackson

LowerSouth

Apologies.
Whether a Beatles fan or not, I was hoping to brighten up our COVID affected day.
I couldn’t attach the Youtube file !

Last edited:
Thanks Mr LowerSouth , I think everyone likes The Beatles!

Pfft. Dave Clark Five any day.
Dave Clark 5 formed in North London in 1957- around the same time that in Liverpool a young John Lennon put together a band called the Quarrymen, who, via several line up changes, would a few years later become The Beatles

While some of the elements of the media attempted to claim and perpetuate there was a rivalry between The Beatles and Dave Clark Five there actually never was ( bit like Oxford - Wycombe) - if there was any rivalry to speak of involving The Beatles, it would very likely have been with The Rolling Stones.... though going off on a slight tangent the real 'bad boys' of 60s UK bands were unquestionably The Pretty Things , who's antics and exploits would make punk bands of the late 70s bad boy claims look like primary school japes in comparison

Dave Clark Five knocked the Beatles off the number one slot
back when the UK singles charts meant something-....DC5's Glad All Over edged the Fab 4s I Want To Hold Your Hand off of the top slot in 1964-

DC5 were the 2nd UK band to feature on American TV via The Ed Sullivan Show, appearing twice during March '64, The Fab 4 appeared on Three occasions during Feb '64.
Also,in America Herman's Hermits (initially) outsold The Beatles

Signing Drummer , Dave Clark , who was also DC5's Manager and producer, after DC5 split in the early 70s, set up a media company....( no relation to the Oxford based Motorcycle & Scooter guru of the same name, but different spelling of Clarke who has operated from a lock up on Denmark street, Cowley Road since the 70s|).... bought up all the rights to the remaining footage of RSG ( Ready Steady Go - 60s Music TV show), much of which had been 'lost'.... then using 'clever' editing dubbed an additional soundtrack screaming girls onto any RSG performances of DC5

As an aside .... DC5s Glad All Over has been used, after a home win, by a number of football clubs- including that shower who play at the wrong end of the A420, in the skip

Last edited:
Dave Clark 5 formed in North London in 1957- around the same time that in Liverpool a young John Lennon put together a band called the Quarrymen, who, via several line up changes, would a few years later become The Beatles

While some of the elements of the media attempted to claim and perpetuate there was a rivalry between The Beatles and Dave Clark Five there actually never was ( bit like Oxford - Wycombe) - if there was any rivalry to speak of involving The Beatles, it would very likely have been with The Rolling Stones.... though going off on a slight tangent the real 'bad boys' of 60s UK bands were unquestionably The Pretty Things , who's antics and exploits would make punk bands of the late 70s bad boy claims look like primary school japes in comparison

Dave Clark Five knocked the Beatles off the number one slot
back when the UK singles charts meant something-....DC5's Glad All Over edged the Fab 4s I Want To Hold Your Hand off of the top slot in 1964-

DC5 were the 2nd UK band to feature on American TV via The Ed Sullivan Show, appearing twice during March '64, The Fab 4 appeared on Three occasions during Feb '64.
Also,in America Herman's Hermits (initially) outsold The Beatles

Signing Drummer , Dave Clark , who was also DC5's Manager and producer, after DC5 split in the early 70s, set up a media company....( no relation to the Oxford based Motorcycle & Scooter guru of the same name, but different spelling of Clarke who has operated from a lock up on Denmark street, Cowley Road since the 70s|).... bought up all the rights to the remaining footage of RSG ( Ready Steady Go - 60s Music TV show), much of which had been 'lost'.... then using 'clever' editing dubbed an additional soundtrack screaming girls onto any RSG performances of DC5

As an aside .... DC5s Glad All Over has been used, after a home win, by a number of football clubs- including that shower who play at the wrong end of the A420, in the skip
Nice mention of the pretty things. Like the Beatles they went psychedelic too and produced the first rock opera (sf sorrow) before the Who’s Tommy, and the album Parachute which is still one of my favourites and an under-appreciated classic.

Back
Top Bottom