FA Cup BBC to show Marlow v Thame United in FA Cup

Marlow in the FA Cup, bloody hell that brings the bad memories back. Anyone else there as well? Shocking day.

Yep, was still at school I think, didn’t even contemplate losing this game beforehand but we could of not turned up and been more effective.

Crazy day, i still shudder about. We were flying in the league at the time if i remember correctly? But as has been said , totally didnt turn up / fancy it . Dont really remember us having many chances either.

Crazy day, i still shudder about. We were flying in the league at the time if i remember correctly? But as has been said , totally didnt turn up / fancy it . Dont really remember us having many chances either.
Denis Smith won manager of the month that month, we were unbeaten in the league.

I was in Sydney, Australia in November 1994 and struggled to find the result. On the Sunday morning I did manage to find out that we weren't included in the list of Saturday cup upsets so assumed we had got through or drawn at worst. What I didn't know in those pre internet and mobile phone times and came as a shock when I found out the result was that the match had been moved to the Sunday.

Ditto. In fact I also saw Abingdon Town lose at Thame one year which, at the time, was quite a big FA Cup shock.

I remember the Town/Thame games being lively on the pitch in the Hellenic especially for some reason at Thame. Always good crowds at the games.

Don't think Rosie's ever lived that down.
Ranks with the 'Turkey Turley' defeat at Salisbury and the 'Whitehead Whitehead what's the score?' loss to the Scum as one of the three most inept performances I have witnessed.
Or Richard hill giving us the vs at Watford after the oxford fans calling him benny hill and singing the benny hill theme tune.

Marlow in the FA Cup, bloody hell that brings the bad memories back. Anyone else there as well? Shocking day.
one of the most shocking OUFC performances Ive witnessed that was ..... Marlow drew scum away in the next round , quite a few Oxford fans went to that game ( which Marlow lost to scum )

Back
Top Bottom