General BBC Oxford South Today ended + radio changes

Will you keep paying the licence fee?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I bet sarge still has one of those old black and white TVs he's probably still trying to watch analogue channels 😝the digital world hasn't found him yet lol
His Grandchildren Take it turns to walk around the living room with the Ariel trying to get a signal

I use the radio I bought to listen to the cricket commentary at Edgbaston a couple of years ago to listen to Radio Oxford when put and about. Like many these days, I haven't got any other devices that picks up the FM signal.

At home listen via the TV as there's a Radio Oxford free view channel

I have got Radio Oxford down here in Blackwater, Hampshire before, and I made it all way to Milton Keynes with a game on (both in the car) so the range might be a bit further than you think.

Still mental that you can’t just pay £10 to watch the game if that’s wager you want to do, especially as fuel is now so expensive that will just lead to people not coming to games so the clubs will get nothing instead.

Still mental that you can’t just pay £10 to watch the game if that’s wager you want to do, especially as fuel is now so expensive that will just lead to people not coming to games so the clubs will get nothing instead.

You can with a VPN running 😝

You can with a VPN running 😝

Sorry, you can stream the games for free with a bit of effort but the FL/clubs don’t want to let people pay to watch them, unless it’s a Tuesday night. Doesn’t get any less mental when you think about it.

Sorry, you can stream the games for free with a bit of effort but the FL/clubs don’t want to let people pay to watch them, unless it’s a Tuesday night. Doesn’t get any less mental when you think about it.

Yeh I agree, this day in age I don't know why it can't be streamed to local pubs aswell.

I have got Radio Oxford down here in Blackwater, Hampshire before, and I made it all way to Milton Keynes with a game on (both in the car) so the range might be a bit further than you think.
Indeed, but I live the other side of MK. Believe me, I've tried - I'd love to save four quid a month and have a more reliable service at the same time!

Radio Oxford is dire the rest of the time anyways.
TBF - it ( Rad Ox ) is very handy, if find, with the regular traffic reports- whether travelling across the 'City' ( within/ just outside the ring road) or if venturing further afield- if there's any hold ups/ delays etc invariably enough time to take an alternative route

Though sometimes, there is no alternative route ( like tues eve!!!- Headington to he 'bird )

I hope the cuts to local BBC don’t mean that we lose Jerome.

Although sport is staying, he does also work as presenter for both local BBC TV and radio output. Would be a real shame if any changes to the non-sport content meant he needed to move on.

Hopefully he won’t be affected in that way as he’s an excellent broadcaster.

Perhaps if the BBC stopped paying stupid salaries to some of its "stars", local radio and all its benefits could have been protected a bit more than the current plans, BBC 3 was ditched as a channel, so money must have been spent to get back on the air, perhaps there needs to be a way of telling the BBC want it customers actually want to see, rather than some of the stuff that gets shown at times.

Old people get shafted by the BBC, you are the people who pay the majority of the licence fee, the only people left who watch or listen to it, yet it cuts services to you and pisses money up the wall on stuff no one cares about. I know this because my 71 year old Dad hasn't got over what they have done to Question of Sport yet, he does have a point though.

Back
Top Bottom