General BBC Oxford South Today ended + radio changes

Will you keep paying the licence fee?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I didn't realise you needed a TV licence for watching any LIVE TV channel, I thought you need it only if you watched BBC content!

I didn't realise you needed a TV licence for watching any LIVE TV channel, I thought you need it only if you watched BBC content!
I think if you have equipment which receives a TV channel then you need a licence. Many years ago I was told if you didn't have a Television you still had to have a licence paid at a lower rate to listen to the radio.

Hopefully BBC Oxford's OUFC coverage will be unaffected, wouldn't be the same without them.
It isn’t much now anyway as when football is shown on BBC South they tend to crack on about Your Southamptons, Bournemouth’s, Brightons, Pompey and then little old Oxford will get a quick mention along with the Scum and MK…..so nothing will change.

I live in Banbury and am not interested in what happens in Southampton, it’s 94 miles away. So can I have the regional news for Birmingham, Bristol, Nottingham or London? They’re all closer than bloody Southampton!

I live in Banbury and am not interested in what happens in Southampton, it’s 94 miles away. So can I have the regional news for Birmingham, Bristol, Nottingham or London? They’re all closer than bloody Southampton!
Back to the good old days with central news from Birmingham

I think if you have equipment which receives a TV channel then you need a licence. Many years ago I was told if you didn't have a Television you still had to have a licence paid at a lower rate to listen to the radio.
That's absolutely not the case. You don't have to pay anything if you just have a radio.

I live in Cambridgeshire and, as the article in the original post says, we're losing the Cambridge version of Look East. I never watch it, but quite a few people do.

You can't blame the BBC for what's happening - it's the result of the government's freeze on the licence fee, part of the Tories' plan to damage the Corporation for their own ends and to the benefit of their friends in the media.

Don't believe Johnson when he says he greatly values the BBC. (Nadine Dorries doesn't even bother to pretend that she does.)

On one tv in my house I get the local news that people in Oxfordshire get and the other get the London and surrounding areas BBC one, it’s a nice bit of variety to go from the daily stabbing news in London to a road being a bit busy just outside Southampton, neither are particularly near to me though so you have to question the point of local news once it covers areas this large.
Perhaps they could introduce it as the particularly local news.

Back
Top Bottom