General Bank Holiday Monday

Have heard this on very very good authority that quite a few of our players were at a local golf club on bank holiday Monday, quite a few were very drunk and generally being abusive to the elderly golfers and younger players too. Most of them walked home to Upper Heyford as they weren’t capably of driving, apparently lying in the middle of the road, maybe a big fallout coming.

Non of us are perfect but this is totally embarrassing, discuss…

Like the golf course, I think there are plenty of holes in this story. To my understanding, half of the squad are already away on holidays with others joining them Tuesday/Wednesday this week. Matty Taylor is one of those who lives in Heyford, along with Simon Eastwood and Josh Ruffels, most others are Bicester based so would have been walking in the wrong direction if it was at the Bicester Golf Club in Chesterton.

Also, Bicester Golf Club have been a commercial partner of Oxford United this season with a number of well run events there. I'd be amazed if this was allowed to get out of hand knowing the importance of the relationship between businesses in the community.

So, whilst an end of season golf day may have taken place, and a few drinks enjoyed, I'd take some of the details of this story with a pinch of salt!

But keeping the theme going,

Surely one of them had a driver.
Especially as there's a fairway to go.
Even if they all had to chip in.
Or get somewhere to bunker down for the night.
It wouldn't cost a wedge.

Has Ruffels got a choice of clubs?
Are we getting Chris Caddie back?

* Don't worry, I've got my coat and will f**k off!!!!

Group of young men get drunk and enjoy themselves. Maybe they did or didn’t behave appropriately, but as long as they didn’t break the law or over stepped the mark too far I really don’t see this is a big deal.

The problem was probably instigated by the keen golfer amongst them who kept asking if they wanted another round, when they all said "good idea" someone went to the bar, again.

What do I know Scotchegg, who mentioned Bicester Golf Club 💁🏼? - Guess you were there 😂

But keeping the theme going,

Surely one of them had a driver.
Especially as there's a fairway to go.
Even if they all had to chip in.
Or get somewhere to bunker down for the night.
It wouldn't cost a wedge.

Has Ruffels got a choice of clubs?
Are we getting Chris Caddie back?

* Don't worry, I've got my coat and will f**k off!!!!
And I’ll take what you say ref the stadium and ownership with a pinch of salt too until it happens

What do I know Scotchegg, who mentioned Bicester Golf Club 💁🏼? - Guess you were there 😂

Could have been Kirtlington I guess, but still strange that players would walk back to Heyford when there's only a couple who live there. As for "quite a few" of our players being involved, I know of at least 4, probably 5 players who flew out on holidays at the weekend, and others who have returned to family homes. So there wouldn't have been too many around.

But then the rest of your post is subjective. "Very drunk" and "abusive" to some can easily be seen as having a couple of drinks and a laugh by others. If I was a betting man I would suggest that the situation very likely not as you described.

Have heard this on very very good authority that quite a few of our players were at a local golf club on bank holiday Monday, quite a few were very drunk and generally being abusive to the elderly golfers and younger players too. Most of them walked home to Upper Heyford as they weren’t capably of driving, apparently lying in the middle of the road, maybe a big fallout coming.

Non of us are perfect but this is totally embarrassing, discuss…
Aren’t the majority members at Oxford? (formerly Southfield)

Long walk home from there

Could have been Kirtlington I guess, but still strange that players would walk back to Heyford when there's only a couple who live there. As for "quite a few" of our players being involved, I know of at least 4, probably 5 players who flew out on holidays at the weekend, and others who have returned to family homes. So there wouldn't have been too many around.

But then the rest of your post is subjective. "Very drunk" and "abusive" to some can easily be seen as having a couple of drinks and a laugh by others. If I was a betting man I would suggest that the situation very likely not as you described.
I love the way when anyone says anything on here they are shot down in flames, only passing on what I was told by somebody who was there, they have been banned for life, take from that what you will Mr “Know it all” Eggy 👍🏻😂

I love the way when anyone says anything on here they are shot down in flames, only passing on what I was told by somebody who was there, they have been banned for life, take from that what you will Mr “Know it all” Eggy 👍🏻😂

Should be pretty easy to verify then!

Tell him you've heard we are staying at The Kassam and see what happens...

Back
Top Bottom