General Bank Holiday Monday

Could have been Kirtlington I guess, but still strange that players would walk back to Heyford when there's only a couple who live there. As for "quite a few" of our players being involved, I know of at least 4, probably 5 players who flew out on holidays at the weekend, and others who have returned to family homes. So there wouldn't have been too many around.

Do you stalk them?

I must be getting old.... but then I thought about it theres a cut off point between being cheeky and having a laugh, respect goes along way but no one got hurt.
We're all at that funny age 16 to 75. Us fans are Oxford for life there are hundreds of stories about our club and ex players.

Matty Taylor is one of those who lives in Heyford, along with Simon Eastwood and Josh Ruffels
Believe Sykes also lives in Heyford, maybe he invited his mate Gavin for a swing about and his balls got out of hand

Like the golf course, I think there are plenty of holes in this story. To my understanding, half of the squad are already away on holidays with others joining them Tuesday/Wednesday this week. Matty Taylor is one of those who lives in Heyford, along with Simon Eastwood and Josh Ruffels, most others are Bicester based so would have been walking in the wrong direction if it was at the Bicester Golf Club in Chesterton.

Also, Bicester Golf Club have been a commercial partner of Oxford United this season with a number of well run events there. I'd be amazed if this was allowed to get out of hand knowing the importance of the relationship between businesses in the community.

So, whilst an end of season golf day may have taken place, and a few drinks enjoyed, I'd take some of the details of this story with a pinch of salt!

TaylorMade for a good night out then .....

Have heard this on very very good authority that quite a few of our players were at a local golf club on bank holiday Monday, quite a few were very drunk and generally being abusive to the elderly golfers and younger players too. Most of them walked home to Upper Heyford as they weren’t capably of driving, apparently lying in the middle of the road, maybe a big fallout coming.

Non of us are perfect but this is totally embarrassing, discuss…
I see you have Aldridge & Hamilton as your picture - good work!! :) - good job there wasn't a forum, or social media when that mid-80s team, or the mid-90s team were having their days / nights out in town..... I'm sure they'd leave the antics of a 2021 golf day firmly on the practice range!! ;)

You maybe right and it may have got a bit out of hand for present day, but after loving hearing stories from 35 - 25 years ago I always hate to have a double standard and slaughter the current players. Having said that I know from experience that the mid-90s lot had a fair few doubles in the standard!!! ;)

I see you have Aldridge & Hamilton as your picture - good work!! :) - good job there wasn't a forum, or social media when that mid-80s team, or the mid-90s team were having their days / nights out in town..... I'm sure they'd leave the antics of a 2021 golf day firmly on the practice range!! ;)

You maybe right and it may have got a bit out of hand for present day, but after loving hearing stories from 35 - 25 years ago I always hate to have a double standard and slaughter the current players. Having said that I know from experience that the mid-90s lot had a fair few doubles in the standard!!! ;)
Remember a few of them doing the Sunday night pub quiz after a match in the afternoon...

Back
Top Bottom