General Bank Holiday Monday

Yellows1

Have heard this on very very good authority that quite a few of our players were at a local golf club on bank holiday Monday, quite a few were very drunk and generally being abusive to the elderly golfers and younger players too. Most of them walked home to Upper Heyford as they weren’t capably of driving, apparently lying in the middle of the road, maybe a big fallout coming.

Non of us are perfect but this is totally embarrassing, discuss…

Have heard this on very very good authority that quite a few of our players were at a local golf club on bank holiday Monday, quite a few were very drunk and generally being abusive to the elderly golfers and younger players too. Most of them walked home to Upper Heyford as they weren’t capably of driving, apparently lying in the middle of the road, maybe a big fallout coming.

Footballers tend to be cocky sods and since they’ve worked their asses off for nine or ten months and probably drunk very little it’s not that surprising, though obviously not good.

There was an incident a couple of years ago involving some of the development / U23 players. IIRC it centred around an elderly woman at a local supermarket - perhaps Sainsbury’s at Heyford Hill. I believe it may have involved them parking in a disabled bay and then mouthing off when challenged, but my memory is quite fuzzy on the details. It was something very much along those lines anyway. The woman clocked the badge on their tracksuits and complained, hence how it came to light, and the players concerned were dealt with. One thing I will give Robinson is that he generally does tend to take things like public behaviour seriously.

If this is true then I would fully expect things to be dealt with if complaints have been made. I would be very surprised if it went unpunished if this is accurate.

There was an incident a couple of years ago involving some of the development / U23 players. IIRC it centred around an elderly woman at a local supermarket - perhaps Sainsbury’s at Heyford Hill. I believe it may have involved them parking in a disabled bay and then mouthing off when challenged, but my memory is quite fuzzy on the details. It was something very much along those lines anyway. The woman clocked the badge on their tracksuits and complained, hence how it came to light, and the players concerned were dealt with. One thing I will give Robinson is that he generally does tend to take things like public behaviour seriously.

If this is true then I would fully expect things to be dealt with if complaints have been made. I would be very surprised if it went unpunished if this is accurate.
Some are playing this down but players do need to act responsibly and mouthing off at kids isn’t great or the elderly for that matter, more worrying Mr Taylor was one of them!

Some are playing this down but players do need to act responsibly and mouthing off at kids isn’t great or the elderly for that matter, more worrying Mr Taylor was one of them!

Not playing it down, if they've behaved poorly while representing the club then they will rightly be disciplined.

Young men get drunk and behave badly sometimes though.

Not playing it down, if they've behaved poorly while representing the club then they will rightly be disciplined.

Young men get drunk and behave badly sometimes though.
The trouble is they are never really off duty, especially when there is a group of them together. They are recognisable public figures, in their way.

If it’s going to happen then end of the season is fine. I’d probably been with them if I’d reached the dizzy heights.

Our Youngsters have far more pressure on them than the previous generations. Who cares if the let off a bit of steam. A bit of team bonding goes a long way!! Good on them!!

Back
Top Bottom