Matches B Team Boycott.........

It did because presumably like me he went to the Barnsley final and then gave the Coventry game a miss - which was the season the B teams came in.
Likewise. I went to every game (including Dagenham away in midweek) the year of the Barnsley final, when it was still the traditional format. I never attended another game in the competition since they put the academy sides in, including the Coventry final the following year. Everyone has their stance and it’s a personal choice.

I thought the matches against the plastic teams were to be played at their grounds???

Thank God the death of English football as we know it didn't stop you having a day out at Wembley!!

I mean, it quite literally did. Once again, my last EFL trophy game was the Barnsley final.

• React
Reactions: m
There will be one U21 team I will be strongly rooting for tomorrow. Come on you Baggies!

Last time we played Chelski we played at their ground didnt we???? might be wrong .......

That was a knockout round. Group games for U21s are always away. And I think they might have made that the case for all matches now.

Thank God the death of English football as we know it didn't stop you having a day out at Wembley!!
Everyone`s moral stance also has a price..... ;)
Not really, lots of people, including me, took a moral stance after b teams were introduced the season after the Barnsley game. Its a shame that a lot of those peoples moral stance only extended as far as the group games and early knockout rounds. As soon as there was a sniff of a final, the morals and worries that had so many bothered were thrown out of the window and 30,000 rocked up to Wembley. I don't blame those fans for going but at least some fans kept true to there beliefs about the trophy and didn't attend.

I’ll be watching. The competition is continuing to lose interest from supporters across the country and means little to me, but it is, as Mousinho has said, a chance for the fringe players and I’d like to see just how strong our squad is.
Call me some kind of mercenary if you want, but the bottom line is, it’s Oxford United, and I just can’t help watching this club any where and any way I can...

I'll admit I went to the last Wembley game, despite not going to any of the previous matches in the competition. I couldn't resist watching my team at Wembley, and was rather hoping that the unutterable heartbreak :) of losing the time before would be wiped out.
As it was, I didn't enjoy the game, didn't like the result, I hate soulless, corporate Wembley anyway, it cost quite a lot and I felt a bit dirty for having broken my own boycott.
I'll listen to tonight because I am interested in how the players get on and it'll give be bragging rights in the future when I can say I listened to Will Grigg's first game for us :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

I went to the B Team Final, primarily because I thought it would be the last chance in my lifetime to see us there, and a day out at Wembley is the proverbial "cherry on the cake" for the average supporter.
Equally choked that we couldn`t go to the PO Final, the 12th man would have won it for us.
Very easy to boycott the lead up games but, if we get there again, moral stance is on hold.

Or call it a change of position. ? ?

Back
Top Bottom