Away Matches on iFollow

Colin B

Chief Dot Counter
Apologies for another iFollow post but I wanted to ask this question now, two days before the Lincoln game, in the hope that someone can help me.

I managed to watch the Wimbledon game with no problems, using an HDMI cable to watch it through my Smart TV, complete with Radio Oxford commentary, so, so far so good. However with Saturday's game being away, does anybody know whether it comes with Radio Oxford commentary, or will I have to put up with the home team equivalent every time we play away? Or is there a way that I can choose "our" commentary over "theirs"? I'm sure I read somewhere that this is possible, but can't remember where? I'm not using the App at the moment as I find using the iFollow website works OK, so would rather avoid complicating things by having to download the App if possible.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Edit: I'm in Nottingham, so listening to Radio Oxford separately and trying to sync it with iFollow pictures is out of the question.

I believe there's a drop down option in the bottom right of the screen to select Home or Away audio, assuming both are available?

Thanks for the replies chaps, that's good to know. It's bad enough not being able to attend games, but having to put up with our opposition's commentators every other week would have made the situation 100 times worse.

Never thought I'd be so grateful for Radio Oxford!!!

I was down in Bournemouth one New Year’s Day and listened to the local radio coverage which was awful in comparison to our beloved radio oxford team, two old blokes muttering about the game they were covering, my ears pricked up when they were muttering about signing beano, couldn’t work out if they were in favour of it or not

Can you only stream tomorrow’s game via iFollow? e.g. via laptop/HDMI cable/TV?

I vaguely remember reading somewhere that the EFL were doing a deal with Sky, but could be wrong.

Can you only stream tomorrow’s game via iFollow? e.g. via laptop/HDMI cable/TV?

I vaguely remember reading somewhere that the EFL were doing a deal with Sky, but could be wrong.
The deal was to allow games to be shown on iFollow in the UK. The reason this was needed is Sky have the rights to the games. This means 3pm games can be shown in the UK while games are behind closed doors, unless the game gets selected for Sky Sports.

For example Ipswich vs Wigan on Sunday will be on Sky and not iFollow.

How long is the delay? I watched a game last season and Sky Soccer Special had the goal on the vidiprinter before it happened in the game!! Was going to watch on an iPad in the pub however the pub will have soccer saturday on!!!

How long is the delay? I watched a game last season and Sky Soccer Special had the goal on the vidiprinter before it happened in the game!! Was going to watch on an iPad in the pub however the pub will have soccer saturday on!!!
Don't think I have a delay compared to the actual time, but I do turn anything else off so guess I would never notice.

On the app and the web video feed there is a “live” button that makes sure you’re getting the most current feed - because you can pause and play etc. Sometimes if there’s bad connectivity you can get behind so it’s good to press the live button.
there have been a couple of times over recent years where I get a mobile notification that someone has scored before I’ve seen it, but not often. bit annoying when a build up starts and then you hear the phone buzz ...

There are sometimes posts on the match day thread that there has been a goal, but I think that’s from people in the stadium who are bound to be ahead (and not likely to be happening for a month or two).

Apologies- this has probably been covered elsewhere a thousand times - but, as a season ticket holder, I believe I can watch the game on ifollow without having to pay a tenner? I dont think Ive been emailed any links by the club so how do I do this?

Apologies- this has probably been covered elsewhere a thousand times - but, as a season ticket holder, I believe I can watch the game on ifollow without having to pay a tenner? I dont think Ive been emailed any links by the club so how do I do this?

Home games only?

Turn off all phone goal alerts and dont watch soccer saturday EVER during an ifollow game. And mute your whatsapp group that has mates listening to the radio and not using ifollow (Tony)

You only get codes for home games. Away games, as would be the case with your season ticket anyway, aren't covered.

Streaming will always have some delay. Depends on whole bunch of stuff (connection at ground, server power, your internet connection, power of device you are watching on, etc). Can be seconds to minutes.

Back
Top Bottom