Away Match Day Thread Away game Barnsley

hello from Barnsley just to let you know if anyone wants to have something to eat and drink before the game landlady at the dale tavern says you are welcome large carpark 10min from oakwell just give her a ring if you want food 01226 205611 post code is S705PG

Am I looking at the right place, Because google maps is saying the dale tavern is three miles away and an hours walk? Doesn’t matter if the pub charges for car parking or not because u would need a taxi to and from the ground.

Am I looking at the right place, Because google maps is saying the dale tavern is three miles away and an hours walk? Doesn’t matter if the pub charges for car parking or not because u would need a taxi to and from the ground.
The "helpful advice" was probably business orientated......

Leave the M1 at Junction 37 and take the A628 towards Barnsley. Stay on this road (the ground is well signposted) and you will eventually see the ground on your right. There are a couple of car parks located at the ground, but they are mainly for permit holders only. Inbetween the ground and the MetroDome is a car park for visiting supporters, called Queens Ground, which costs £5 Cars and £20 Coaches (post code S71 1AN). Otherwise you can try parking at the MetroDome itself (although it can be slow to get out of after the game has finished) or street parking.

Doncaster Road for pubs.
http://www.footballgroundguide.com/leagues/england/league-one/oakwell-barnsley.html#afootball-news

“Car Park ten minutes from Oakwell” obviously means by car! Very helpful...!

Just ventured over to there forum to see a love fest for Mowatt. How bad has there midfield got to be that he's just put in "one of the best performances from a CM in a long time" the blokes like a statue and when he decides to move he's like a sloth. Aslong as we put pressure on him next Saturday and don't give him time we should be comfortable in midfield.

Just ventured over to there forum to see a love fest for Mowatt. How bad has there midfield got to be that he's just put in "one of the best performances from a CM in a long time" the blokes like a statue and when he decides to move he's like a sloth. Aslong as we put pressure on him next Saturday and don't give him time we should be comfortable in midfield.

Maybe his midfield partners are doing all the running for him. Technically he can do the rest but running was a problem.

Mowatt was one of the slowest players I can recall seeing play for us. Zero pace and it took him ages to get to it.

Hardly ever played true CM for us though - was often wide in a three. He's decent, not quick but can pick a pass and technically very good. Get people alongside to graft for him and he will do a job

Barnsley’s starting eleven today (drew 1-1 with Hull at Oakwell)

Mowatt started. There can’t be too many better striking partnerships than Tom Bradshaw and Keiffer Moore in L1.

Hopefully Bradshaw gets sold this week. Barnsley have also received a £500,000 bid for Brad Potts.
They outbid us for Liam Lindsay, be interesting to see how he performs. No Zeki Fryers, is he injured?

They outbid us for Liam Lindsay, be interesting to see how he performs. No Zeki Fryers, is he injured?

They didn't outbid us for Liam Lindsay. LL was at ours for transfer talks on the day MApp left for Leicester and unsurprisingly due to the uncertainty/no manager decided not to sign for us. A little while later Barnsley had a bid accepted and he signed for them.

I'm going with my daughter. Ibis hotel Barnsley have rooms with breakfast for around £45 on the Friday.

My late father's family are from Doncaster and I've hit a brick wall trying to trace surviving relatives. Through I'd look up some of the old addresses and knock a few doors in the area.

Apparently he fell out with his family in the late 1950s and moved away. He never saw them again except when he attended his own father's funeral in the early 60s. That's a grudge to match @Sarge and the 1964 Preston goals.

Last edited:
Ross Joyce appointed ref for this game. Took charge of 1 game for us last season the 1-0 away win at Bristol. Very lieuniant referee only showed 2 red cards last season.

Mowatt will be one to watch, Barnsley fans saying he's been one of their best players in preseason.

Mowatt will be one to watch, Barnsley fans saying he's been one of their best players in preseason.

Shouldn’t be hard to miss, ambling about as he does.

He’s going to score a 95th minute winning free-kick isn’t he?

Shouldn’t be hard to miss, ambling about as he does.

He’s going to score a 95th minute winning free-kick isn’t he?
don't be silly!He won't last 95 minutes, he struggles to keep up with play after the first half

Back
Top Bottom