Micheal Alexis
Chris Hackett
Julian Alsop
Andy Scott
Dexter Blackstock
Robert Lovegrove
Steve Basham
Dwight Ciampoli
Reads like a Who's Who of Oxford United greats doesn't it ?

Dwight Campoli went to my primary school in Grove, about 3 or 4 years older than me

As I know a few on here are jealous of my signed Peter Fear shirt, here it is, in all its glory. As you can see, it's been signed by our legendary 2002/2003 squad.

Question is though, how many of the signatures can be identified? Few obvious ones such as Simon Cox, Dean Whitehead, Darren Patterson, Andy Scott.

Some of the others though, not a clue. Any help appreciated if the image is large enough to see...

View attachment 4121
Peter Fear - the player nightmares are made of.

Dwight Campoli went to my primary school in Grove, about 3 or 4 years older than me
He gave me a loan for a car in 2012. Worked at Halifax on the corner of Cornmarket Street in town. Believe he has since gone on to be a personal trainer / life coach who has found God.

Huge talent, matched by only by his huge 'attitude'- no thanks
Been trying to remember that one for a while, wasn't it something like Igu Igpen or similar? Can't find mention on Rage Online, so not sure he made the first team. Ring any bells for anyone?

Something rings a bell about Izzy Iriekpen on trial once upon a time. Not sure it was as early as this shirt though.

Something rings a bell about Izzy Iriekpen on trial once upon a time. Not sure it was as early as this shirt though.

Good memory. Ian Atkins had him on trial in 2003 and then he went to Swansea

Good memory. Ian Atkins had him on trial in 2003 and then he went to Swansea

"New signing...Derek Townsley.... particularly impressive.

For a 6'4'' midfielder, the former Hibs man showed some delicate control and nifty footwork, and with the right partner in central midfield, he looks like being a key man for the U's this season"

I remember a Hearts supporting mate telling me at the time how laughably s**t 'Deggsy' was. I took it with a pinch of salt considering the Hearts/Hibs thing...

"New signing...Derek Townsley.... particularly impressive.

For a 6'4'' midfielder, the former Hibs man showed some delicate control and nifty footwork, and with the right partner in central midfield, he looks like being a key man for the U's this season"

I remember a Hearts supporting mate telling me at the time how laughably s**t 'Deggsy' was. I took it with a pinch of salt considering the Hearts/Hibs thing...

He was good on his competitive debut but it went downhill after that.

Back
Top Bottom