Atmosphere

Something I'd like the 'Ultra's' make clear, if they can be bothered, is the way they were -(Apparently) spoken to by the chairman and Mr Mixter(?) during a meeting they had over the issues regarding the Ultra's group.
From reports it sounded very much like the fans were treated as naughty children, and given no right to respond? So if anyone from the group can clear this up please?
I think it important, if for no other reason/s it seems a group of previously avid fans have been driven away from supporting their team by some heavy handed treatment by oufc board members, and if true, it's deplorable and has implications for the atmosphere in and around the club.
Which is why it's so important they go so that any real or perceived slights or condescending tones are experienced by all or are not there and a more adult conversation can happen.

As you replied twice does that mean the Scouser and young woodman are signing?;)
Just trying to get my post count up to catch u ?. No seriously I gave tapatalk a go and it was slow and uploading

This is what tbfuth14 posted on 15 December 2016:

The agreed meeting was myself and another Ultra, with GBT and new Safety Officer to discuss how Neil Holdstock trusted us and made things work. Instead, in this 45 minute meeting, I was made to shut up and not say a word for 30 minutes whilst 6 staff members heckled me and made me feel like an irritant to the club.

If I tried to explain what happened to us regarding stewards on Saturday I was shouted down and they were not interested. They didn't believe it.

I ended up agreeing to a few requests just to get the hell out of there, I've never felt more detached from this club in my entire life. I watched the game in the stands on Tuesday but felt like I didn't belong anymore, and that we were just a nuisance to the club. I tried to avoid leaving the meeting halfway through incase we could reach any ground where we could continue like we have done for the past 3/4 years... but clearly they have new rules and red tape for us to run through, in order for us to achieve even less than before.

As much as we have a passion for what we do, and would love to continue doing it, everything from displays, waving flags and banners is incredibly hard work, and even with Neil Holdstock in charge we often struggled to achieve everything we wanted, but at least there was a mutual trust and respect there. Just forcing in more red tape removes all the enjoyment and fun out of it.

After speaking to group members, friends and family following this meeting, they were all absolutely furious at my treatment, but I haven't wanted to say this at risk of ruining the clubs reputation. The last place I've wanted to be recently is the stadium. I've heard plenty of rumours at how former staff have been treated in a similar way, but took it as a pinch of salt, I never thought they'd treat one of their most loyal fans in the same way.

Greig also met with me on Monday evening, in a very friendly discussion where he agreed with absolutely everything the Ultras desired, and fully understood where we were coming from and said he'd have our backs. Instead, he used that Monday night meeting to gather information in order to use against us the following day in a bully tactic meeting. From someone who I was once friends with before his OUFC employment, it's just another nail in the coffin. To say I'm gutted is an understatement.

Eales did leave me a voicemail wanting to sort things out 1 to 1 yesterday, but as I've found out, meeting with the club on your own is a dangerous situation, and any future meetings and contact with the club will be conducted through OxVox who have our full support.

This started with a simple flag situation which I thought would be quickly resolved in a relaxed manner, but has left myself and the entire group feeling as distant from the club as ever before.

As much as I love Eales, he revealed a totally different side to him I thought didn't exist, and some of his views on football were worrying to say the least.

I will talk to OxVox today on how to progress, but I'd personally like an apology from the club otherwise I can't see myself returning to the stadium any time soon.

Read more: http://yellowsforum.proboards.com/thread/24862/why-ultras-back-banners?#ixzz53muqw6OY

There's a sinister feel to how tbfuth describes his 'treatment' (Alleged) and also a little disturbing, and I actually feel sickened, so hate to think what the recipient felt.
If we have people running the club who resort to such bully boy actions against fans of the club, whose only 'crime' was the desire to help improve the atmosphere and 'Matchday experience', then it's very concerning.
I haven't noticed if tbfuth still posts on here, but if he reads this it would be interesting to know if he's still supporting the club, and whether he ever got the apology he wanted, and imo, deserved?
From recent events, seems there are sections of the fanbase who have been disenfranchised and driven away form supporting 'their' club? It's an issue that warrants being aired in public, ideally at a meeting such as the one being held tonight, possibly a little late to put together some relevant questions though.
If I was in tbfuth's position I'd want to get an apology too, having been treated (Alleged) as described, he should (And others) be getting nothing less.

"Eales did leave me a voicemail wanting to sort things out 1 to 1 yesterday, but as I've found out, meeting with the club on your own is a dangerous situation, and any future meetings and contact with the club will be conducted through OxVox who have our full support. "

Hopefully at the very least, the Ultras have passed some points on to OxVox for discussion tonight. Or even better will have representation there

"Eales did leave me a voicemail wanting to sort things out 1 to 1 yesterday, but as I've found out, meeting with the club on your own is a dangerous situation, and any future meetings and contact with the club will be conducted through OxVox who have our full support. "

Hopefully at the very least, the Ultras have passed some points on to OxVox for discussion tonight. Or even better will have representation there

Many moons ago, after I made some comments in the Ox mail regarding team selection or similar, I received a letter or call, can't remember which, inviting me to a chat with then manager Mick Brown, 80% of our chat was filled with expletives, and not from me, at least I got something out of it, my ears were well and truly pinned back!
Glad to hear that OxVox are now involved, and will be eager to hear if anything comes out of it, and if the Ultra's do have representation tonight they will be given the chance to put over their side of things without fear. Good luck.

Many moons ago, after I made some comments in the Ox mail regarding team selection or similar, I received a letter or call, can't remember which, inviting me to a chat with then manager Mick Brown, 80% of our chat was filled with expletives, and not from me, at least I got something out of it, my ears were well and truly pinned back!
Glad to hear that OxVox are now involved, and will be eager to hear if anything comes out of it, and if the Ultra's do have representation tonight they will be given the chance to put over their side of things without fear. Good luck.
I see from OxVox on twitter that Eales is no longer attending tonight. That new part time managing director might still be going though.

I see from OxVox on twitter that Eales is no longer attending tonight. That new part time managing director might still be going though.
Yup the M.D. Niall Mc' is expected to be there...and should be able to answer Q's (some of them) too

Back
Top Bottom